42 Factors that affect BG

Ljc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Could it be pinned and also put in the Useful links for people new to diabetes thread .

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Could it be pinned and also put in the Useful links for people new to diabetes thread .

Good idea Lin

I’ll add it to the ‘general’ section of the useful links thread :)

Lisa66

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
It’s amazing isn’t it, we tend to know these, but then when you see them listed it makes you wonder how we ever work anything out. So thank you for posting the list, it’s a reminder to cut ourselves a bit of slack from time to time and not necessarily that we’ve got something wrong.

Oh and when I’ve worked my way through this I often believe the direction of the wind or maybe my husband wearing odd socks may also have an influence :)

Sally71

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
My daughter went to the cinema with a friend and her mum on Saturday. When they got back they said that she had had very high blood sugar, around 20. Now there could be many reasons for this, but the main one is that she had been at dance classes from 8.30 - 11 am, due to having almost constant hypos at dance classes in the past and finding that low TBRs didn't make much difference she now leaves her pump off for the whole time. Which sometimes works perfectly, sometimes she still goes low despite having no pump on and sometimes she goes through the roof, we are finding it impossible to predict! My response to the information was a shrug and “oh well, never mind” which the mum found rather amusing. Well, as long as she gave herself a correction dose and didn't just ignore the situation it will come down again won't it! Which she had done and was well on the way back down so there's nothing more to be said really. It is a minefield though isn't it, and just when you think you've worked it all out something unexpected happens!

Sprogladite

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
They forgot to include the Diabetes Fairy :)

Eddy Edson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Yup, Sally, there’s always the 43rd that isn’t listed. WTF???:D

"WTF" could have all the different coloured arrows :)

Sharron1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Obviously it would all have to be colour coordinated.

C&E Guy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Never heard about some of those.

Is that altitude in a really tall building or in an aeroplane?

Is that the American spelling of "coeliac"?

Robin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Never heard about some of those.

Is that altitude in a really tall building or in an aeroplane?

Is that the American spelling of "coeliac"?
My 'tip' in the free book that DUK produced a couple of years ago was about walking at altitude. It always takes my body a few days to acclimatise on a mountain holiday, and I’m hypo city for the first few days. (and it isn’t just the extra exercise of walking up and down hills, I'm not doing anything I don’t do at home).

Sharron1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
To be fair, I think we're all going to be safe from 37 for quite a while. :D
A couple more to avoid,
A mouse running around the kitchen and the musical Tom Brown's Schooldays. Both guaranteed to increase levels dramatically.

Eddy Edson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2