One for Skittles Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you get a big bag and get some small/tiny ziplock bags and decant your own? Or would the big bag be an unwanted temptation?
The advantage of the little sealed packets is that they stay sealed almost indefinitely and happily put up with living in a pocket, whereas DIY bags don't tend to either seal so well or are less robust.

Unfortunately my children seem to be fond of skittles so they regularly raid my in-car supply on the way back from school, I may need to visit ASDA soon!

Can honestly say never had a skettles in my life, but if they are hardy in pockets maybe something to think about buying, mainly just carry glucotabs as they come in sturdy tub so don't crumble to bits in bag or pockets.

Can honestly say never had a skettles in my life, but if they are hardy in pockets maybe something to think about buying, mainly just carry glucotabs as they come in sturdy tub so don't crumble to bits in bag or pockets.
Fortunately I've only experienced two hypos, one treated with Skittles & one with Lift tabs. The Lift tabs are described as "glucose chews", but mine where a hard, chalky tablet. Don't know if that's a duff batch or just how they are, but the Skittles were far more pleasant. They also have the benefit of not melting like jelly babies in a hot car.

Fortunately I've only experienced two hypos, one treated with Skittles & one with Lift tabs. The Lift tabs are described as "glucose chews", but mine where a hard, chalky tablet. Don't know if that's a duff batch or just how they are, but the Skittles were far more pleasant. They also have the benefit of not melting like jelly babies in a hot car.
I use Lift tablets but am always surprised by their description. They are always hard and chalky. Definitely not what I would call chewy. But maybe chewy and chewable mean something different in health-marketing-land

@everydayupsanddowns (and anyone interested) I don't know if you have a B&M store near you but I saw the pack of mini bags of skittles there for 2'50£ today
. IMG_20231002_190445.jpg
Also if someone is having a mega-hypo you could have the giant gummy bear. Couldn't find any giant jelly baby :confused:

IMG_20231002_190743.jpg

Thanks @Elenka_HM

The pressure on my local Asda increaes!

I hate to think how many carbs are in that giant gummy bear! :D

I'm ashamed to admit I didn't even look at the label, I obviously didn't buy it, and now I'm curious!

The B&M website says they weigh 90g, but doesn't list nutritional info.

Haribo goldbears are 77% carbs.

So B&M's giant gummy bear is probably around 70g of carbs.

Break it into 7 equal pieces and you've got seven 10g low treatments! And for only £1.25!

I'd much prefer Mike & Ike candies from B&M. I was always excited when they stocked them on occasion.

I found skittles darkside in home bargains today in amongst the Halloween stuff. It’s nice to be able to have a variation in the flavours. I didn’t notice the price though as I was just happy to see them.

I found skittles darkside in home bargains today in amongst the Halloween stuff. It’s nice to be able to have a variation in the flavours. I didn’t notice the price though as I was just happy to see them.
I discovered Giant Skittles on my trip to the UK earlier this year. I don't know if they're a standard product or a special thing, but it's sure fun to have a skittle 3x the usual size.

I also enjoy the Pride Month Skittles that are all white (but still flavored like usual).

I've occasionally found Spicy Skittles here in Germany. Those are good, but only two or three at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back