One for Skittles Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently using skittles. Small bags more expensive but easy to carry in a pocket.

My go to hypo treatment of the moment. Halloween is coming up so treat bags currently on sale/offer, just this morning stocked up at Poundland :rofl:

Yep, I always reckon them as 1g of carb per Skittle.

Sadly, the mini bags have more than doubled in price in my local supermarket and are currently at least double the price of comparable alternatives (eg Squashies or Haribo).

I really missed Skittles over the Summer, as they are very robust in my pockets. I even swapped to the big bags when I was wearing cargo shorts.

The larger packets have been hit by shrinkflation in local supermarkets. They're now 136g in size and used to be 152g, £1.25.
Bags of mini bags in Asda- FOUR POUNDS!!

I keep trying to picture a "Skittles user" and it keeps coming back to some sort of surreptitious mini-packet exchange on a street corner whilst looking furtively for any harribo users trying to take over their turf 😎

Did you not click my link?

Now edited for emphasis. 😉

Ah I hadn’t seen the price drop! I have been waiting for them to stop being so silly (have been checking every week since they went from £2 to £4 a bag back when the cost of living crisis was in short trousers).

I fully expected it to go back to something reasonable after a couple of weeks, but it has stayed at £4 since the start of the inflation shenanigans!

tesco are doing the same 18x18g bags for £2.50 (on clubcard price) *casually adds them to the shopping list for next week*

tesco are doing the same 18x18g bags for £2.50 (on clubcard price) *casually adds them to the shopping list for next week*
Oh, good. Looked in Asda this evening because the vaccination pharmacy was close but couldn't find any, but there are more Tesco locally so maybe I'll be lucky. I'm usually fine with the larger bags and a clip, but now and again carrying a couple of smaller bags would be more convenient.

And then both the Skittles and Haribo pushers being flattened by the Jelly Baby mafia :rofl:
These Jelly Babies guys have power, they even bought the doctors, that's the only sweet I was recommended for hypos on diagnosis! :rofl:

Did you not click my link?

Now edited for emphasis. 😉

Alas my local Asda has not updated their pricing. This was yesterday. :(

1695981682044.jpeg

Could you get a big bag and get some small/tiny ziplock bags and decant your own? Or would the big bag be an unwanted temptation?

Could you get a big bag and get some small/tiny ziplock bags and decant your own? Or would the big bag be an unwanted temptation?
Of course. As with many things, we're paying for the convenience of not doing that.

Of course. As with many things, we're paying for the convenience of not doing that.
Ok. I’d rather save the money and have a decent supply on hand at home at all times as the effort really isn’t that great - but it’s not for me. I just though it was an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back