Omnipod advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your response, one I didn't know it could be worn on the bum. I'll probably be using it with android aps that's if I can get hold of omnipods. Do you use any additional adhesives or anything is it uncomfortable if it gets hit? Does it affect the insulin delivery at all what do you use to control it?
I’ve used the waterproof stickers for my libre but don’t all of the time. But my libre isn’t always covered with just the kit top on.

Never used anything else over the pump but I normally have underwear, undershorts and kit shorts over it, so it’s more protected. It’s mega waterproof, and I’ve even done open water swimming etc. I’ve never knocked one off doing anything active or normal life.

I’ve had it hit during training on my stomach before and that did hurt but not really more than being tackled

It comes with a little PDM, like a phone, using Bluetooth. That’s the only downside carrying two things about. But I have it pitchside with my phone and can take insulin easy with a few buttons when we have a water break.

Onnipod can send a sample pod you can wear. I suggest giving that a go. I did and wore it for training and I knew it was the one for me.

Also matches feel too long with warm up not to have a pump providing insulin. So the more traditional pumps didn’t work for me.

I’ve used the waterproof stickers for my libre but don’t all of the time. But my libre isn’t always covered with just the kit top on.

Never used anything else over the pump but I normally have underwear, undershorts and kit shorts over it, so it’s more protected. It’s mega waterproof, and I’ve even done open water swimming etc. I’ve never knocked one off doing anything active or normal life.

I’ve had it hit during training on my stomach before and that did hurt but not really more than being tackled

It comes with a little PDM, like a phone, using Bluetooth. That’s the only downside carrying two things about. But I have it pitchside with my phone and can take insulin easy with a few buttons when we have a water break.

Onnipod can send a sample pod you can wear. I suggest giving that a go. I did and wore it for training and I knew it was the one for me.

Also matches feel too long with warm up not to have a pump providing insulin. So the more traditional pumps didn’t work for me.
Ah yer I'm not worried about the libre during rugby I know how to get that to stay, I'm not sure personally I'd go with bum I think back of the arm then wrap with self adhesive medical tape I feel I'd land on it too much on my backside, oo I shall have to see about the tester, have you considered trying to use it with AAPS so you dont need the second device?

Ah yer I'm not worried about the libre during rugby I know how to get that to stay, I'm not sure personally I'd go with bum I think back of the arm then wrap with self adhesive medical tape I feel I'd land on it too much on my backside, oo I shall have to see about the tester, have you considered trying to use it with AAPS so you dont need the second device?
I am not sure if that would work with the pump as it can only interact with the PDM.

Libre has never been an issue at all. I always have taht on my arm.

Pump is too thick to be on the arm for matches I think it would get knocked off, it’s been a leaning curve definitely.

My consultant has another patient on the Omnipod who played ice hockey, again very high contact and they haven’t lost one yet because of their sport. I think there’s a few who do contact sports now actually using the Omnipod.

Hence the self adhesive tape I think it would hold I guess I'll. Find out. From what I've read it. Works well with android aps I was just wondering if you had tried well thanks for the info you've given me confidence.

Hence the self adhesive tape I think it would hold I guess I'll. Find out. From what I've read it. Works well with android aps I was just wondering if you had tried well thanks for the info you've given me confidence.

Welcome to the forum @SkyeShadow

Let us know how you get on if you decide to give it a go.

One of the positive attributes my consultant said to me about Omnipod 5 was that you weren’t tied-in to a full 4 year contract as you would be with a standard pump. She suggested I could try it for 6 months or whatever when my tSlim warranty expires, then review it and swap to something else if it didn’t work for me.

Welcome to the forum @SkyeShadow

Let us know how you get on if you decide to give it a go.

One of the positive attributes my consultant said to me about Omnipod 5 was that you weren’t tied-in to a full 4 year contract as you would be with a standard pump. She suggested I could try it for 6 months or whatever when my tSlim warranty expires, then review it and swap to something else if it didn’t work for me.
Will do I have a feeling I won't be able to get it through my doctor sadly but will see

Will do I have a feeling I won't be able to get it through my doctor sadly but will see

Pumps are usually handled at hospital clinics - is that where you get your care? If not your GP should be able to refer you.

My care is split 50:50 between pump clinic and GP, so my surgery still get the extra cash (at least I think that’s how it used to work). Which I’m happy with - Us T1s are pretty expensive after all.

Pumps are usually handled at hospital clinics - is that where you get your care? If not your GP should be able to refer you.

My care is split 50:50 between pump clinic and GP, so my surgery still get the extra cash (at least I think that’s how it used to work). Which I’m happy with - Us T1s are pretty expensive after all.
im not under any specific diabetic care right now this is why i feel i wont be able to get im also on a deadline if i want it at all

im not under any specific diabetic care right now this is why i feel i wont be able to get im also on a deadline if i want it at all
Sounds like asking for a referral from your GP to the nearest pump-friendly hospital would be a good first step?

Sounds like asking for a referral from your GP to the nearest pump-friendly hospital would be a good first step?
When I moved areas I asked to be referred to the local hospital team, and they have been wonderful. That's how I got my pump. Worth a try as the improvement in my shoes has been life changing.

Hi everyone sorry I've been missing for a while but I have great news! Logan had his omnipod5 started on Monday, we stayed in the hospital overnight as recommended by his consultant. He had a couple of hypos the first night but the doctor made an adjustment and that seemed to do the trick. We're home now and he's straight back to school and it's just been fantastic to see it working so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back