Omnipod 5 rotation

Yeah backs of arms are my preferred sensor site, so I worry a little about site congestion there!
If I'm using the backs of the arm for pods, I'll put the G6 sensors on my tummy, and vice versa. Every few months I swap over. Hopefully everywhere gets a rest from time to time.

Is there an app to replace the PDM for Omnipod yet? Seen people saying there is but can’t work out if they are from elsewhere.

@Tom1982 - you need to talk to the clinic team about Jo's 'sites going off' issue. I've always had this problem, with various bits of me, so I'm supposed to change cannula sites every 2 days, though freely confess I don't, always - when I get a good un it's far too tempting to leave it ..... but then of course, I wonder if that's what caused the non absorption in the first place - though I noticed it first when I was still MDI - ing.

I’m pondering giving Omnipod 5 a go when my contract runs out in the Summer, and to be honest “where on earth do you put it” is my biggest concern (always has been with patch pumps). I’ve used sides and back for sites for years now, and it feels like I’d always be leaning on it, lying on it or sitting on it!

Time will tell if I do give it a go!
The reason I like legs best is sleeping, don't notice it at all. But I bruise awful so I wear it on each leg and then use everywhere else again before even thinking about my legs again.
All locations have things to think about, legs in tight pants is taking your pants off to use the loo ha! I have caught it but never lost it doing this.

My left side is better as I tend to sleep on my right, but again not as bad as I thought it would be . As @m1dnc said once it is on you do forget about it most of the time.

It can go on your back, there's not much flesh on my back so I tend to stay under waistband level with mine, higher bottom but not my back.

Think it would be a case of trying, I do suggest ordering the sample and giving that a go. I think you can have more than one.

Is there an app to replace the PDM for Omnipod yet? Seen people saying there is but can’t work out if they are from elsewhere.
Not as far as I am aware. 2 devices isn't ideal but it is worth it. And I had to carry my pens about anyway so it is a swap.
All on the phone would be good.

It can go on your back, there's not much flesh on my back so I tend to stay under waistband level with mine, higher bottom but not my back.
Like you, I have little flesh on my back so would need to place my patch pump below my waist.
However, I have always been nervous about taking my "tight pants" (I frequently wear leggings) off to use the loo. By wearing my pump on my front, I get the visual reminder as I pull them down.
How do you find the risk of catching your pump when it is on your back?

(I am looking for alternatives to my lower abdomen but arms are out of the question as most clothing assume I have twigs for arms rather than muscles so there is no room for anything apart from an arm in the sleeves. )

Like you, I have little flesh on my back so would need to place my patch pump below my waist.
However, I have always been nervous about taking my "tight pants" (I frequently wear leggings) off to use the loo. By wearing my pump on my front, I get the visual reminder as I pull them down.
How do you find the risk of catching your pump when it is on your back?

(I am looking for alternatives to my lower abdomen but arms are out of the question as most clothing assume I have twigs for arms rather than muscles so there is no room for anything apart from an arm in the sleeves. )
Least likely place to get it caught or knocked. I wear it here for rugby matches and I have never noticed it even during full contact (tackles and mauls).
Arm are easier in summer with short or no sleeve clothing. All these things to think about.

Interesting read.
Presently i wear my G6 sensor on my upper arm rear and my dash pump on my thighs without any major issues, but not always on the same side.
I am due to change over my pod to the pod 5 system on this Wednesday 20th March.
As such I have been reading up various site information. The pod 5 site only says to make sure I have line of sight between pod and sensor and suggest I keep both units on the same side of my body when fitted. However they show a photo of them fitted just left and right of a belly button, so very close to one another?
My intention was to fit them as I do now with the Dash pod system but just keep both items on the same side of my body, so that would be upper arm to top of thigh and not inches apart as their photo suggests.

My question is has anybody had any communication issues between pod 5 to G6 sensor when using and plugged into your body.

Best

If, and when, I get a pump - seeing Endocrinologist on Wednesday - will I need to think where to stick everything? I am quite skinny, arms, legs and abdomen. I also have lots of surgical scars abdominally. I have never liked injecting into abdomen. Legs are a bit muscular and I run and walk and cycle a lot.

Only just realised this thread has taken off a bit! Apologies for disappearing! It’s very interesting to read everyone’s experiences.

I’ve been on the OP5 for about a month now and I’m very impressed! It’s not perfect and getting settings right coming from mdi is definitely some work, but it’s totally worth it and I don’t really notice the pods too much.

I’ve used stomach, back and legs so far and all sites have been great, no issues with absorption. Legs are a little more sore as I’m lean but working well. On my back I need to use podpals or similar to stick it down properly.

It’s all so worth it though and if anyone is having doubts I would say definitely give it a go!

If, and when, I get a pump - seeing Endocrinologist on Wednesday - will I need to think where to stick everything? I am quite skinny, arms, legs and abdomen. I also have lots of surgical scars abdominally. I have never liked injecting into abdomen. Legs are a bit muscular and I run and walk and cycle a lot.
Yes, site rotation is important as with MDI. So finding the right pump matters.

Yes and No. If you can persuade your Health Authority to let you have Omnipod 5, that can use your mobile phone rather than the PDM I believe. I'm in Surrey Heathlands, so no luck so far. Do register a complaint though if you can't get one. The more of us that make a noise, the better.

Back