Omnipod 5 and Libra 2 plus

christine.h

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Sorry this is late but I will be starting on these devices on October 14th currently on Omnipod DASH and Libra 3 my son is on a wired pump and loop system name I have forgotten and if you are low it will automatically give you more insulin is this going to happen when I get my new devices please

my son is on a wired pump and loop system name I have forgotten and if you are low it will automatically give you more insulin is this going to happen when I get my new devices please
I hope not!! If you are low, the last thing you need is more insulin! 😱 I am guessing that was a "long day and I can't think straight" comment.

I assume you are referring to Hybrid Closed Loop (HCL) systems and yes the Omnipod 5 and Libre 2+ can communicate with each other to form an HCL which can help regulate your BG levels if you are going too high or too low by giving more insulin or suspending insulin respectively. They can also be used in manual mode I believe where they are not looped, but you will ave that capability with your new system. There will be some training to help you manage the system as it is not quite as straightforward as some people believe, but I believe once you have got it set up and it has learned how your body works, it should take some of the strain off you. You do still have to carb count and bolus for your meals and probably make some adjustment for exercise etc, but it should really help keep your levels more stable particularly overnight.

Sorry this is late but I will be starting on these devices on October 14th currently on Omnipod DASH and Libra 3 my son is on a wired pump and loop system name I have forgotten and if you are low it will automatically give you more insulin is this going to happen when I get my new devices please

Do you mean suspend the insulin @christine.h ? Yes, some pumps do that. I think @nonethewiser is on the Omnipod but I’m not sure which model.

Think you mean your sons pump will reduce insulin or suspend it in response to falling or low bg levels.

I'm Omnipod 5 user along with Dexcom G6, every few minutes, just forget how many your pump predicts where your bg levels will be in a hour so makes adjustments accordingly, so providing your cgm sensor is reading accurately there's no way that it would give more insulin if you were going low, it would do complete opposite rest assured.

I am on the Omnipod 5 and Libre 2+ HCL system (since 29th June) and frankly I find it doesn't work anywhere near as efficiently as I had hoped. I've had several hypos in the past week, whereas when I was managing things myself I had had no hypos for over 90 days as I could correct with some carbs at 4.1 and fend off the hypo - the HCL is set to alarm at the same level, but the alarms are so quiet despite me having them at the loudest they will go, that if there's any background noise or if you are sleeping you don't hear them. Also disappointingly it doesn't manage the FOTF syndrome at all. I have to constantly correct it. I'm just rather disappointed and considering going back to manual mode.

I have just started this yesterday 14/10/24
I find it does not bring my BG down that quick and have not worked out how to do a correction dose it went up to 18.8 I had 93 carbs the another 10carbs for a chocolate I ate it is still 12.3 the Pump is working I am not looking forward to changing it as you have to keep it in.line with the sensor so not sure how it will work it is under my right arm.so that means it has to be the right side of my tummy near to the outside righthand side to be in line our nurse said institual fluid is actually all over the body someone experimented and found that out so when I see her I will ask her what she really meant eg the sensor placing
My target is 7.2 and 5.4 to stop.hypos

Back