Oh the irony!

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Received my renewal a few weeks ago, eventually got round to sorting it. Decided I’d do it online. Seemed simple enough until it said I needed to verify my ID. Tried to create an account, it said I had one. Couldn’t find password or remember who I’d verified my ID with. By this stage I felt tired, hungry and my eyes started to blur! Yup! I was hypo! After some JBs. I found my password, logged in, filled in all the questions. Yes, I have had a hypo episode whilst awake, no, I didn’t need help and yes, I definitely get warning signals! Now, the long and anxious wait to see if I’m fit to stay behind the wheel!

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Aaahh - your driving licence renewal Elaine! No idea which renewal it was until right at the bottom cos I hadn't noticed which part of the forum we were on - just another one of the Great Unread for me !!!

Ljc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
I’ve got everything crossed for you.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Well unless we don't get any hypo symptoms OR we have to dial 999 and get assistance from a third party when we have one - we are 99.9% OK to get it renewed.

Bexlee

I just (October) filled in my 1st renewal on-line and was terrified they’d say no - I also had to do a veryfy thing. Well I say me, the hubby had to help as I ain’t a clue on anything like that! We had words late on the Sunday evening as it was all a bit much ......but

I had the new licence in my hand Thursday tea time ....4, yes really 4, days later. I was gobsmacked especially when I then had a letter about 3 weeks after saying it had been approved and I’d get it soon!
Good luck.

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Got my new licence this morning. Pretty good going as we’ve had Christmas and New Year. That’s me again for another three years. Brumm brumm! :p

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
They were really quick renewing Pete's too - he's 70+ and kept his C1 'just in case' same as he has his motorbike one.

freesia

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I've just sent my form to renew. Wanted to do it online but they said i couldn't as they had also sent the forms for epilepsy. I don't have epilepsy!!! 4 years ago i had seizures caused by a severe ear infection and had to give up my licence for 12 months. When the consultant confirmed it wasn't epilepsy and just the ear infection she said i could come off meds and let the dvla know. I did. They still sent me forms for it with my renewal. I rang and they said i couldn't renew on line as i needed to provide evidence. Luckily i still had the letter so i've had to send it off through the post. Fingers crossed it comes back before licence runs out.