Off the Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plateau1967

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi All

I need to get back on top of my type 2 diabetes. Initially put on Metformin I managed to lose stack of weight, got BS under great control and was eating very low carb. Dr took me off Metformin. No longer prescribed testing strips and a few years down the line I am back-almost-where I was.

Overweight. Not testing. Eating crud. Clothes tightening. Unable to stir these limbs to exercise. and feeling pretty depressed with myself and the mountain to climb.

Wifey doesn't always/really help. just had both a dressing down -plus a meal of pizza, potatoe and onion rings.

What a drone. even posting here is a step in a new direction.

so-food diary, reduced cals. No or low carbs here I come. And. Exercise.

Feeling sad!

Welcome.
I have found over the years you have to find what works for you as an individual and adopt a strategy for you that you can maintain long term. If you fall off the proverbial wagon, just get back on the next day.

Welcome

Plateau, sounds like you know what you need to do and a re-psyching up to do it. No good fretting about what has passed, it's time to focus on what's to come. You can do it! Wishing you luck. Even if you have a bad day, move on and start again the next day. It's worth it and it's essential for good health.

Don't beat yourself up. You are facing up to the new challenge and will deal with again.

Hi Plateau and welcome. Well done on getting psyched up for a new start with taking control of your Diabetes. It is easy to take your eye off the ball but you've realised you need to get back on track. So good luck and keep us posted how you're getting on. Maybe joining in with the fasting BG thread may inspire you? It's good to check in and hopefully will encourage you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back