Numbness and tingling in hands seems uncontrollable at present

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taffyboyslim

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Maybe it's made worse by stress and anxiety ?

If it does subside a bit in the next week or so I am going to see the doctor again , it's really making me feel very ill

I do find anxiety and stress affects my neuropathy symptoms and seasonal diet doesn’t help either as most of my sage foods haven’t been available in the shops.

I do find anxiety and stress affects my neuropathy symptoms and seasonal diet doesn’t help either as most of my sage foods haven’t been available in the shops.
It's really pissing me off to be honest

It's really pissing me off to be honest
Have your b12 levels been checked? Unfortunately is one C of those things, been told now I have it that can only prevent it getting worse and won’t improve though I find temperature changes can make a difference some days.

Maybe it's made worse by stress and anxiety ?

If it does subside a bit in the next week or so I am going to see the doctor again , it's really making me feel very ill
In what way is it making you feel ill?

Have your b12 levels been checked? Unfortunately is one C of those things, been told now I have it that can only prevent it getting worse and won’t improve though I find temperature changes can make a difference some days.
Yes I have had them checked

Surely they can do something ?

Do you get symptoms in both hands and both feet, or is it more in one side? If so, I'd recommend talking to yr doc about whether peripheral artery disease might be contributing to things. And probably even if it's both sides.

PAD is common and way under-diagnosed. It can often overlap with peripheral neuropathy, to the extent that it is a causal factor for some kinds of neuropathy. It's most common in the legs but it can also affect arms and hands.

Anyway, might be worth checking out.

Do you get symptoms in both hands and both feet, or is it more in one side? If so, I'd recommend talking to yr doc about whether peripheral artery disease might be contributing to things. And probably even if it's both sides.

PAD is common and way under-diagnosed. It can often overlap with peripheral neuropathy, to the extent that it is a causal factor for some kinds of neuropathy. It's most common in the legs but it can also affect arms and hands.

Anyway, might be worth checking out.
Nothing in the legs , all numbness is in hands

I thought I saw you posting that you get cold feet? That's a possible symptom.
I am phoning the gp surgery to try and get an appointment to see a nurse or a doctor , I am beginning to slip back into serious anxiety and it's absolutely horrific as I have been in hospital for it before and I really don't know what's happening with my body .

I am phoning the gp surgery to try and get an appointment to see a nurse or a doctor , I am beginning to slip back into serious anxiety and it's absolutely horrific as I have been in hospital for it before and I really don't know what's happening with my body .
So it's excellent you're taking steps to get advice. Good luck & let us know how you get on.

It's nearly 430 am and I havnt slept a wink . I am almost completely numb in my hands and forearms , my neck and my calves . I am absolutely terrified . I really don't know what to do . I need some help and some advice . Thanks . I am taking a diazepam to try and rest .

It's nearly 430 am and I havnt slept a wink . I am almost completely numb in my hands and forearms , my neck and my calves . I am absolutely terrified . I really don't know what to do . I need some help and some advice . Thanks . I am taking a diazepam to try and rest .
Hopefully you're getting some sleep. If still bad when you wake, maybe call 111?

Ring 111 and see if they can help you.
GP practices are closed today, it's a bank holiday.

There are various conditions linked to diabetes that can affect the hand/ wrists/ fingers and shoulders. I've had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands it became a worse and worse agonising numbness with pins and needles down my arms and fingers getting worse at night. It may not be anything related to that but here's a link from Diabetes UK with some of the problems with numbness and tingling in the hands. https://www.diabetes.org.uk/diabetes-the-basics/related-conditions#carpal

Whatever is causing your problems I hope you can get some help to treat it.

There are various conditions linked to diabetes that can affect the hand/ wrists/ fingers and shoulders. I've had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands it became a worse and worse agonising numbness with pins and needles down my arms and fingers getting worse at night. It may not be anything related to that but here's a link from Diabetes UK with some of the problems with numbness and tingling in the hands. https://www.diabetes.org.uk/diabetes-the-basics/related-conditions#carpal

Whatever is causing your problems I hope you can get some help to treat it.

Thank you , I am stressed to the max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back