Now what..

Status
Not open for further replies.
All that worry and it was down to semen, now who is surprised?

I'm so glad you are feeling a bit more positive Mark. If you get too tempted, remember how scared you felt yesterday 🙂 onwards and upwards fella x

Good stuff, Mark.

I'm just confused about one thing though.

What's England's ex-goalkeeper got to do with anything? :confused:

Andy 🙄

Sorry. Please ignore my 'sense of humour'!

Semen --> Seaman. 🙄

Andy 🙂

Hey Mark, my name is also Mark 😉 I was dx 2.5 yrs ago as type 2. As I was already following a healthier diet than they recommended D&E for the first few months did nothing and my fasting levels that were barely above the threshold at 7.something changed into 13.something in a few months. I was started on met but I dont think that was really useful and my HBA1C came back down to 7.2 now my feeling is that that was the 2 hrs a day busting my ass in the gym for weeks before that blood test. Less than a year later I was dx with nephropathy and neuropathy and my hba1c shot up to 9.2, a few meds were tried and I stabalized on byetta that was like a wonder drug for me for 3 months on the low dose. Then to add onto that I was dx with background retinopathy, and following my last hospital appointment I was chucked on gliclazide and told that I am a year away from insulin.

Now I am telling you this as its maybe not the worst case scenario but it does happen. Try your best to get your numbers right but please dont be an iron man if you need the meds take them as at the end of the day its the NUMBERS that count. As for testing I would pay for meter and strips in your situation if you can as apart from byetta its about the only other thing that ever made a damn bit of difference to my blood sugar levels until this gliclazide and the jury is still out on this.

I wish you the best and you seem to have the right attitude, but please dont think it a failure if you have to go on meds. I am far better behaved than a few other type 2s I know younger, lower bmi, more exercise, better diet and I have had all sorts of problems getting control whilst they take there 3 met a day and carry on and get better hba1cs. GRRR! Some people are affected worse than others 🙂

Hi thanks for the comments I realise people can be effected
worse than others but at the mo I still fear the worst even after seeing the nurse yesterday. Silly things set me off like yesterday I found more dry skin between my little toe and it's sore a I keep thinking is this is the start of loosing my foot. Also my eye test next week a d I keep thinking I'll
be told I'm going blind too. My mind is not working that well at all with all this
just feel like I have no kind of life anymore and I'll get all the worst things
happen to me because if diabetes.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back