Novorapid vials - possible problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very strange, I wonder what has gone wrong and where in the manufacture/supply chain? :confused: Glad to hear your levels are back to normal, it does sound like the NR was the culprit!

Insulin Vial Problems

My son has been using this batch for the past 3-4 weeks. We noticed he was up and down everyday and thought there was a problem. We reported it to our nurse and within hours of using a different batch, his blood sugars were superb. This has been reported to novorndisk by our nurse and a sample of this insulin has been sent off for testing. Unfortunately we have had to return to the same batch number as was the only one our chemist could get - until today! Whilst back on this bath - his blood sugars are ll over the place. I am now disposing of this batch number and hopefully the new one will be fine.

My son has been using this batch for the past 3-4 weeks. We noticed he was up and down everyday and thought there was a problem. We reported it to our nurse and within hours of using a different batch, his blood sugars were superb. This has been reported to novorndisk by our nurse and a sample of this insulin has been sent off for testing. Unfortunately we have had to return to the same batch number as was the only one our chemist could get - until today! Whilst back on this bath - his blood sugars are ll over the place. I am now disposing of this batch number and hopefully the new one will be fine.

I hope the new insulin is fine for your son Kellie, the batch does appear to be hit and miss whether you get a bad vial :(

All my prescription for the pump is from that batch, is it worth getting them switched?

You could ask for a couple from a different batch to be on the safe side, but not everyone has had problems. We are currently using a vial from the "dodgy" batch, and the last couple of days BGs have been entirely in single figures, mostly under 5! So no problems with the insulin here.

You could ask for a couple from a different batch to be on the safe side, but not everyone has had problems. We are currently using a vial from the "dodgy" batch, and the last couple of days BGs have been entirely in single figures, mostly under 5! So no problems with the insulin here.

Thanks redkite 🙂

Asked my pharmacy if I could switch 2 vials just to be safe, they had heard rumours but had nothing official

I got in touch with novo nordisk about this batch number, as I have some, and they sent me an envelope to return them to them.

That explains my high blood sugars the last few weeks to the point I have been sent home and had ketones, all four of my bottles are that batch and my pen carriages are out of date what can I do. I thought one of he vial seemed a bit thick .
Has it been recalled yet

That explains my high blood sugars the last few weeks to the point I have been sent home and had ketones, all four of my bottles are that batch and my pen carriages are out of date what can I do. I thought one of he vial seemed a bit thick .
Has it been recalled yet

As far as I know not all vials in the batch are affected, so you might try another if you can't get to your pharmacy soon. There hasn't been an official recall yet as Novo are checking returned vials. I would get an emergency prescription and get some new insulin (check the batch number!) and return the affected ones to Novo Nordisk.

A pretty high degree of recall-resistance from any company is only to be expected I suppose. That sort of dent in reputation can last a long time even if there is a tiny, specific (and unrepeatable) issue with one small fraction of a product line. Remember Perrier in the 90s 😱

Well, Carol used her first "dodgy" vial twice now with no adverse effects 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back