Not sure what I should do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misunderstood

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi all.. am panicking now. Have reduced my long lasting insulin, have just had my 3rd hypo today and have taken everyone's advice and have had food and also carbs and taken dextrose. But I noticed at a similar time chest pains and back pains. what would you do ?

dial 999 now

Hi all.. am panicking now. Have reduced my long lasting insulin, have just had my 3rd hypo today and have taken everyone's advice and have had food and also carbs and taken dextrose. But I noticed at a similar time chest pains and back pains. what would you do ?

The reduction in insulin will take roughly 3 days to show any results @Misunderstood so you might still have hypos in the meantime.

As you’ve been visited by an ambulance for this a night or two ago and think it’s a reaction to the flu vaccine, I’d speak to 111 for advice if you need to.

Can't stay awake sadly..

Crushing tiredness can be a symptom of low glucose.

Recheck your BG levels, and retreat if you are still low. Sometimes lows are really stubborn, and take several treatments.

Hopefully resolving the hypo will ease the chest pain.

Is your Mum at home?

The reduction in insulin will take roughly 3 days to show any results @Misunderstood so you might still have hypos in the meantime.

As you’ve been visited by an ambulance for this a night or two ago and think it’s a reaction to the flu vaccine, I’d speak to 111 for advice if you need to.
I wasn't visited I've not had it checked out.

As you are all aware I live with my mum, she thinks it's nothing to be concerned about. I am very concerned.if I go for a little walk and call 111 they always ask for my location which has to be home.

It’s obvious that the sensations you are having are giving you real feelings of anxiety @Misunderstood :(

But as an ex-nurse, perhaps your Mum is reading the situation with a more detached view (less triggered by the perfectly natural anxiety you are feeling)?

You can call NHS111 and not necessarily get an ambulance sent - just get advice. And perhaps ask for some support about how anxious you are feeling?

The ambulance that came overnight recently didn’t feel you
needed to be taken in (though they weren’t very kind about it from what you said).

Do you have a blood pressure monitor at home? Or can you get your Mum to check your pulse?

It’s obvious that the sensations you are having are giving you real feelings of anxiety @Misunderstood :(

But as an ex-nurse, perhaps your Mum is reading the situation with a more detached view (less triggered by the perfectly natural anxiety you are feeling)?

You can call NHS111 and not necessarily get an ambulance sent - just get advice. And perhaps ask for some support about how anxious you are feeling?

The ambulance that came overnight recently didn’t feel you
needed to be taken in (though they weren’t very kind about it from what you said).

Do you have a blood pressure monitor at home? Or can you get your Mum to check your pulse?
I don't feel anxious. I just feel pain in my chest, arm, neck, upper back, tight chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back