Not Diabetes Research - parcel deliveries

As @everydayupsanddowns suggested this could be a good refrain. I can hear the basses droning on about this underneath the duet in higher voices. I can’t wait to get started on this.
Glad I could contribute something useful LOL,!

Will you be uploading it to the forum @SB2015 ? I’m intrigued now :D I keep imagining you as one of the ladies from Fascinating Aïda, and humming “Cheap Flights” every time I see this thread :rofl:
I saw Fascinating Aida years ago. Brilliant.
I will try to upload it. It will be a good while before we perform it.

Now on a roll and have decided the third movement in the suite will be Senior Moments such as :
A ‘senior’ member of the choir on ‘where are my glasses’ , our MUCH younger members (sops) ‘They are on the top of your head’,…. then lost keys, did I turn off the cooker, …. Etc

Now the hard work of writing these.

My current prob because of 3 age related things (PAD, arthritis and a bunion, just the one foot for the latter TG but still grrrr) is lack of parking spaces outside/very close by to decent shoe shops ......

Yesterday, the guy due to service my boiler went to the same number in the next road, and today I found a Sainsburys van in my drive, ready with a delivery for the next road. Wouldn't mind, but both service people have been to both houses in the past!!

I had a delivery the other week - the Royal Mail delivery driver had put it into a plastic bag and said that something had spilled on the top of it, and that she'd enclosed a complaints form in case it was damaged.

We didn't realise until after we'd rolled down the plastic bag (and she'd driven away) the extent of the damage, or we would have refused to accept it. Three sides of the cardboard packaging were soaked through - it was obvious it had been standing in a pool of liquid, not just had something spilled on top of it.

We didn't dare open it until it had dried out. Thankfully no serious damage to the contents, but as the packaging dried it smelled more and more obnoxious (I think the liquid must have been something like aftershave, to which I'm allergic), and I now have to wash the rug I put it on, and quite possibly the carpet which was underneath that.

The seller was helpful, but the Royal Mail complaints form wasn't - it was actually a link for their online one, which has several different options depending on "the service used, how and where the postage was paid for and/or where your item was posted" which means that as the recipient rather than the sender I couldn't fill it in as I didn't know!

At our previous house we had a temporary postman for a while. He threw a parcel over the side gate - and while it wasn't breakable, it did contain live worms for the garden - not the way we'd expected them to get there.

On several occasions he put post for our neighbours through our door. One day R was standing just by the door when it happened, so he opened the door and pointed it out to the postie, who said cheerfully that he must have done that all down the street, and that "that's what comes of not reading the numbers".

I should have thought that reading the numbers was the minimum requirement for getting a job as a postman 🙄

Back