Not again

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Looks like i'm out of a job again. I thought this one would be secure...i was wrong.

As you probably know I'm not feeling 100% atm...that bloody thirst! So emotions are running a tad high at the moment. But I went in as per normal and started getting on with trying to sort out cover for various appointments. Except that half of the information on the calendar was wrong. Line manager on the other desk was getting really annoyed that I was getting confused and telling the support worker the wrong place (what am i supposed to do? it's on the calendar that way), and that I was asking for help over sorting these things out. She yells at me. I understandably get a tad upset as there was no reason for her to do this. So I got into the kitchen to calm down and get a drink where this lovely lady asks if i'm ok.

i break down then. I'm feeling sick anyway, and I tell her that this job is really stressful and I don't know what I'm doing with it as I'm not getting the help or training I need.

Big boss lady comes in and this is when the s**t hits the fan. She turns around and says that the job isn't for me and that its obvious it will never be for me. I try and protest this saying its only been a week, wheres the training been etc? I mean, I wasn't trained on how to deal with nasty phone calls! This is when it gets bad...

"With your health problems I don't think its wise you work here. You have too many health issues to be in a such a stressful environment"

She then gives me til the end of the week or I could leave there and then. I opted for the second option, went and got my stuff and left. As soon as the office is out of view, I burst into tears more out of anger than anything.

I have since spoken to the TEA who have explained that big boss lady/man/thing is incredibly tactless and probably didn't mean what she said in a discriminatory way. But she still SAID it, and understandably I am really upset. But the main issue here is the lack of training. Even the TEA ladies agree that 1 week isn't enough and I was totally thrown in the deep end with it all. But apparently this is Pathways all over, they always leave things to the last minute and it looks like I was another of those things, and what makes it worse was that after kim left there was NOONE to help train me and help me out when things got rough.

TEA lady is looking into another job for me ASAP though. Word has it the archaeology unit is after bucket monkeys again too.

That is horrible Sam :( Sorry to hear it. I would have cried too! I probably wouldn't have even lasted the week without any training.

The horrible boss lady really shouldn't have said that 😱

Sorry to hear this Sam. I hate it when people criticise others when they probably would do a much worse job themselves. I've been thrown in at the deep end a few times in my life and you can only do your best. I know that MY best is extremely good, so if someone isn't happy with that then they are expecting something that most other peoplr probably couldn't deliver, including themselves.

From what I know of you, I think you are the same. You put your heart and soul into whatever you do in order to try and achieve the best possible outcome. You can do no more. Don't take it personally, it is the situation you were placed in and the idiot boss ladymanthing. I hope you get something where your talents and efforts are properly appreciated - anyone who doesn't see them is a very poor judge indeed.

With your energy and determination, you'll get something better before long, I'm sure. Look forward to your concert now, without worries of leaving anyone in the lurch, that's on the blmt's plate to sort out now!

So sorry for you. In other posts re job you came across as a reliable, dedicated worker. If the s**t can't see that then that is her problem and is obviously in serious need of 'man' management skills.

You have my best wishes. 🙂

katie said:
That is horrible Sam Sorry to hear it. I would have cried too! I probably wouldn't have even lasted the week without any training.

The horrible boss lady really shouldn't have said that

Thanks Katie. I was so shocked - they knew full well about the lack of training. TEA lady said she'd been on the phone to one of the other girls who had said that because of the lack of training I was 'struggling'. It's stupid to start someone and give them 1 week of 'training' - not that it can be called that and then expect them to get on with it.

I am so annoyed

Northener said:
Sorry to hear this Sam. I hate it when people criticise others when they probably would do a much worse job themselves. I've been thrown in at the deep end a few times in my life and you can only do your best. I know that MY best is extremely good, so if someone isn't happy with that then they are expecting something that most other peoplr probably couldn't deliver, including themselves.

From what I know of you, I think you are the same. You put your heart and soul into whatever you do in order to try and achieve the best possible outcome. You can do no more. Don't take it personally, it is the situation you were placed in and the idiot boss ladymanthing. I hope you get something where your talents and efforts are properly appreciated - anyone who doesn't see them is a very poor judge indeed.

With your energy and determination, you'll get something better before long, I'm sure. Look forward to your concert now, without worries of leaving anyone in the lurch, that's on the blmt's plate to sort out now!

Thanks Northe. You're totally right. I put everything into getting what I was doing right. Everything. I worked really hard, made myself lists of how to do things for when I couldn't get any help. Yet obviously my best just wasn't good enough. It's their loss to be perfectly honest - as TEA lady also said (apparently they get a lot of people starting with Contact and not getting further than a week!).

lol bossladymanthing. :D

Aye, I've emailed off to the unit about work. And the TEA are working really hard to find me something new. Nevermind, I get 35hrs of pay in a couple of weeks - ?264 before taxes. So hah.

I think I'm going to go to the employment agency down the road tomorrow, and go bug office angels like sacredheart suggested (I'm sure I can make out i have 6 months office experience - i ran the archaeology society for crying out loud)

Jared Leto will make everything better

I'm pretty sure that that's against the DDA Sam.

I'm FUMING on your behalf. Give me a call if you need to ok, hon? ((((HUGS))))

It is against the DDA, I spoke to my mum earlier who said they are NOT allowed to do that. TEA lady however said that as is typical of bossladymanthing, she has no tact and wouldn't have meant it. Doesn't matter if it was meant or not yaknow, it was still said.

thanks lovely 🙂 i'm a bit of a gibbering mess right now, very angry and upset so me + phone = not good combination at the moment hahaha.

AARRGGHHH!!!

I am so angry for you. How can you be expected to do a job like that without any training. I am not suprised they get through a lot of staff. I really hope you find something soon. I am sure in a couple of weeks you will realise you are better out of that job.

ARGH.

I am now sat here feeling very sorry for myself feeling worthless and like I can't hold down a job.

All I want is a nice stable job, one where I get adequate training and one that has decent pay

instead i seem to be job hopping. temp contract here, crap fast food job there, temp contract with no training

is it any wonder i'm feeling rather useless and worthless????

Personally I would bring up the DDA, I would be so upset if someone mentioned Diabetes when saying I can't do a job 😡:(

Personally I would bring up the DDA, I would be so upset if someone mentioned Diabetes when saying I can't do a job 😡:(

it's been mentioned in my email to the TEA. They're 'sorting it out' apparently

Oh Sam, that is so unfair, I'm so sorry. The DDA is quite clear on this issue though and that woman was well in the wrong. I reckon you should write to their head office and put in a complaint about her attitude and behaviour.

Oh Sam, that is so unfair, I'm so sorry. The DDA is quite clear on this issue though and that woman was well in the wrong. I reckon you should write to their head office and put in a complaint about her attitude and behaviour.

head office is top dog in the council 😉 though i don't even know who he/she is...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back