No more alcohol wipes with Freestyle Libre 1 and 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not expensive to you doesn't mean it's the same situation for everyone so nobody should be made to feel ashamed if circumstances means they need a little help and receive it on prescription rather than buying it themselves

I always get left with an adhesive ring where the sensor has been , like when a plaster is removed.

Personally I have no trouble removing the sticky residue , Now just rub it iff with my fingers .
But I may try Vaseline, thanks for the tip @trophywench

Well - just happens it's something I've always got some of - doesn't matter if you've not used it for ages, never goes off!

Not sure why on earth dante thinks some of us only shower once a fortnight when we need to start a new sensor? In between, we shower and just avoid 'scrubbing' over the sensor, same as we do our pump cannulas/patch pumps if we have em. They don't fall off me when they're wet! Just have to be careful with em is all.

Kaylz - we all have to 'cut our cloth according to our means' - whether it's me spending over £100 on a pair of gorgeous Bruno Magli summer shoes - cos I wanted them, they fitted me like gloves and I could afford them or stepdaughter with 4 kids who did our shopping in lockdown, so we paid for her shopping too - and I'm sorry you don't have parents who can help you out more with such things. It isn't 'luck' that we've currently got more than enough cash for our own needs - we've both worked, hard, all our lives, to amass it. When we both got together in 1998, we were both in debt. So - we enjoy it - and we're both still directors of a limited company and trustees of a local charity - so in that way though both of these we willingly volunteered to undertake - we both still 'work' to some extent.

Well - just happens it's something I've always got some of - doesn't matter if you've not used it for ages, never goes off!

Not sure why on earth dante thinks some of us only shower once a fortnight when we need to start a new sensor? In between, we shower and just avoid 'scrubbing' over the sensor, same as we do our pump cannulas/patch pumps if we have em. They don't fall off me when they're wet! Just have to be careful with em is all.

The comment relating to showing was targetted at the person I quoted. They appeared to be dismissing anything I'd said based on their experience and only related the fact that they have no issues with residue when showing.

Maybe it wasn't what they ntended, but they did appear to be saying they only shower once a fortnight.
Exactly how do you know how often they shower? I've only what they posted to draw my conclusions from.

I've never mentioned sensors or cannulas being dislodged or falling off when bathing or showing so fail to see the relevence if relating this to what I've posted? I showing regularly with both a sensor and a cannula and I've never managed to dislodge either while doing so. Yeah, it is pretty obvious that you need to take care not to dislogge them though.

Last edited:
Kaylz - we all have to 'cut our cloth according to our means' - whether it's me spending over £100 on a pair of gorgeous Bruno Magli summer shoes - cos I wanted them, they fitted me like gloves and I could afford them or stepdaughter with 4 kids who did our shopping in lockdown, so we paid for her shopping too - and I'm sorry you don't have parents who can help you out more with such things. It isn't 'luck' that we've currently got more than enough cash for our own needs - we've both worked, hard, all our lives, to amass it. When we both got together in 1998, we were both in debt. So - we enjoy it - and we're both still directors of a limited company and trustees of a local charity - so in that way though both of these we willingly volunteered to undertake - we both still 'work' to some extent.

Prescriptions have nothing to do with buying designer clothes and or shoes and this is irrespective of their fit or comfort factor. If someone feels that they can afford to subsidise their own medical needs without using a prescription then good for them, but this doesn't then award them the right to criticise anyone who doesn't or hasn't the means at their foisposal to do likewise! It doesn't even give them the right to criticise someone who uses their right to free precriptions even if wealthy enough not to need to. What next, a means tested national health service?

I'm assuming that you're not getting your designer shoes on a prescription or that they would be something your endocrinologist would presribe so what have they or your groceries got to do with anything here? I do get some footware on prescription, but I'd not regard what I get as being fashionable or even desirable. They are a necessity.

If a type 1 diabetic then you are entitled to get ftee precriptions, regardless of your age or your income and no, you cannot use it to get designer shoes, groceries or a flat screen TV. It is exclusively for the provision of medical supplies.

No idea as to why your shoe buying habits would justify you questioning another member for stating that not everyone can actually afford to buy everything they need without a precsription because this was what Kaylz was doing in reply to another member's posts on the previous page.

Last edited:
I was saying we can afford to help members of our family out and do, and sympathising with Kayleigh not being able to afford some of the suggestions made by other people - by no means criticising anyone. I'm not discussing anything with you again as you seem hell bent on picking flies with anything more than only I have said.

I was saying we can afford to help members of our family out and do, and sympathising with Kayleigh not being able to afford some of the suggestions made by other people - by no means criticising anyone. I'm not discussing anything with you again as you seem hell bent on picking flies with anything more than only I have said.

Thanks for the respon and sorry if I misunderstood what you were trying to convey 🙂

I think my responses are quite apt given the fact that almost everything I've posted to this board seems to be dismissed by a certain section of members here. I'm surmising because they assume I'm ill informed because I'm new?

Anyway, I don't think this board is somewhere I'd feel comfortable so probably wont be posting again.

Hope you have a nice day 🙂

May I say I didn't say I couldn't afford it, I was pointing out what one sees as not expensive is to someone else and nobody should be shamed for it so there was no need to single me out for financial struggles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back