No carb and cannula break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been back to see nurse and this time dietician although I've seen many over 30 years and don't tend to meet with them any more. But I thought well let's try. They put me on a machine that amongst other things showed my metabolism had slowed right down and would make losing weight extremely difficult. So we discussed carbs having less Cals than protein and that the salmon I eat for example.... if I eat it with a little carb means it's absorbed differently. So even though I have good sugars, my insulin needs are still high and I'm not losing weight. So I am trying some carbs and watching portion control of course. Oh the joys of diabetes, insulin resistance etc bla bla

Been back to see nurse and this time dietician although I've seen many over 30 years and don't tend to meet with them any more. But I thought well let's try. They put me on a machine that amongst other things showed my metabolism had slowed right down and would make losing weight extremely difficult. So we discussed carbs having less Cals than protein and that the salmon I eat for example.... if I eat it with a little carb means it's absorbed differently. So even though I have good sugars, my insulin needs are still high and I'm not losing weight. So I am trying some carbs and watching portion control of course. Oh the joys of diabetes, insulin resistance etc bla bla
Hope it helps @Moo 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back