Nice to get out in the garden!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I hadn't googled Devil's Tears as I had two, different colours, got trashed by family when we all swapped houses. The plants I've lost over the years beggars belief. :(

On a good note the little 3inch Hydrangea I got from ebay not long ago is doing fabulous.
View attachment 18078
Thats really good. Do hydrangeas outgrow their post as they get bigger? And does it take a lot of watering? Never thought of potting one.

I wish I hadn't googled Devil's Tears as I had two, different colours, got trashed by family when we all swapped houses. The plants I've lost over the years beggars belief. :(

On a good note the little 3inch Hydrangea I got from ebay not long ago is doing fabulous.
View attachment 18078

Nice, planted 2 in 2018 but didn't last, no idea why, having better luck with Rhododendrons planted year later.

I've got tons potted, I water them as much as I can as the clues in the name. 🙂 I have lost a fair few as well though, one disaster or another. I like things in pots, they've got more of a chance especially here at Mum's garden due to the huge trees sucking up all the water and goodness.

At last! Lucifers. I've been trying to grow them for ages.
IMG_20210718_093914.jpg

I've got tons potted, I water them as much as I can as the clues in the name. 🙂 I have lost a fair few as well though, one disaster or another. I like things in pots, they've got more of a chance especially here at Mum's garden due to the huge trees sucking up all the water and goodness.

At last! Lucifers. I've been trying to grow them for ages.
View attachment 18083
Mine started coming out in the heat last week, and the bottom petals are shrivelling up already. I love them, but I always give a little sigh when they flower because I count them as a 'late summer' flower.

Mine started coming out in the heat last week, and the bottom petals are shrivelling up already. I love them, but I always give a little sigh when they flower because I count them as a 'late summer' flower.
Ours started blooming last week. Vibrant flowers but they always get blown over by the wind cos they are so tall.

I had some of those, @NotPink They remind me of my Dad, he always had them. Not got any now, must get some.

My fave Aquilegia at the minute... it self-seeded last year into the apple tree tub, can't move it now, don't want to do it in! Luv it. These are glorious free plants. In fact, I think I'm going to go that way now due to my black thumb, stop buying stuff that doesn't like me and just tidy what's already there and self-seeds. 🙂 Save myself a lot of angst, time and money.View attachment 17187
It's very pretty.

I was just trying to persuade the council to come and cut down the laurel hedge which runs along the back of our property. It is included in the deeds of the houses which face it - they were allowed to buy the pavement and plant the hedge to stop us having access to their road.
The council has changed recently and it must have got missed off their lists - it has been cut by the council during the 40 years we have lived here.
When our house was built it must have had a wonderful view of the harbour and the Purbecks beyond, but the people in the properties behind ours seem very jealous - they even planted trees to block the view we did have between their buildings and objected to windows in the roof at the back of a property along the road from us.
The hedge is so tall now it is shading half our garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back