NHS Path to Remission Programme

Status
Not open for further replies.
He takes empagliflozin, you can’t low carb on that
Ah - the flozins prevent re-absorption of glucose in the kidneys, so it is excreted.
I never suggested going low carb and still taking such things - but so many HCPs seem to treat symptoms with tablets rather than doing joined up thinking about diet.

Ah - the flozins prevent re-absorption of glucose in the kidneys, so it is excreted.
I never suggested going low carb and still taking such things - but so many HCPs seem to treat symptoms with tablets rather than doing joined up thinking about diet.
Really it would be useful if there was some guidance as to how many carbs people on those type of medications can have as people would then take advantage of a LOWER carb approach without going to the extremes of Keto but I have never seen anything other that low carb should be under supervision of a dietician, fat chance these days.

Really it would be useful if there was some guidance as to how many carbs people on those type of medications can have as people would then take advantage of a LOWER carb approach without going to the extremes of Keto but I have never seen anything other that low carb should be under supervision of a dietician, fat chance these days.
I can’t provide a source right now but I’ve read the magic 130g as a lower limit. Anything above that isn’t classed as low carb anyway. I’ll have a dig around to see what I can find

Hi Steve
I've been pre-diabetic for about 6 years, but after gaining about 1 stone following neck surgery (side effect of RA) I tipped over into Type 2 just before Xmas. GP put me back on metformin in Jan (had helped me get my HbA1c back down in 2018-19 with weight loss do atopped it). Saw Practice Nurse end Jan who mention to NHS Remission plan & as I've tried Michael Moseley but found it too difficult (esp with hubby who dislikes lots of his recipes!)
So I said I'd like to try - 1st person she'd referred so she only had leaflet info.
If you follow the instructions once contacted it sets up quickly & I started 2 days ago. Yes it's clearly going to be boring, but I think it's achievable, much more so than trying DIY version
Plus there is support before you start, decent monitoring including app input & the whole programme lasts 12 months to make sure you don't go backwards. And it's all free!
Ask for referral if you think you can do it....
Fingers crossed for us both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back