Newly diagnosed

Status
Not open for further replies.
See this is where I don't understand, we use semi skimmed milk and last week changed to skimmed thinking it would be better

See this is where I don't understand, we use semi skimmed milk and last week changed to skimmed thinking it would be better
Remember it is carbohydrates that is the important thing not FAT or Protein.
The carbs in whole milk, semi skimmed milk and skimmed is exactly the same so have what you prefer. However by having more healthy fats it will help you not to feel hungry.

Remember it is carbohydrates that is the important thing not FAT or Protein.
The carbs in whole milk, semi skimmed milk and skimmed is exactly the same so have what you prefer. However by having more healthy fats it will help you not to feel hungry.
Is alpro soya plain yoghurt ok

Is alpro soya plain yoghurt ok
It is zero carbohydrate but also low fat so you won't get the benefit of helping to stop you feeling hungry but if you prefer it to full fat Greek yoghurt that's your choice.
People have to decide what suits them in terms of foods which are not going to spike their blood glucose and having foods they enjoy and can form part of their new normal dietary regime.
Everybody is different in how much and what carbs they can tolerate.

Ok really appreciate your advice ,im at the start of the journey and think I'm going to have to learn as i go on ,is there any apps that are worth downloading to check

Ok really appreciate your advice ,im at the start of the journey and think I'm going to have to learn as i go on ,is there any apps that are worth downloading to check
Check the link out I posted earlier in the thread,
Some people use Nutracheck, some apps are free but some you have to pay for.

@Lee132 I was diagnosed at Christmas with pretty much the same levels as you, its a lot to take in at first but you will get the hang if it pretty quick. At 24 weeks in or so after reducing carbs I am a dab hand at the blood sugar tester, being able to get a reading in about 10 seconds flat, have memorised the carbs in pretty much everything I eat and am quite enjoying the new foods out there I didn't used to eat. You will be quite surprised at what is fine by the way, full english breakfast? no problem, fancy a curry? fine if you chose the right one. A beer? why not, I have one with dinner every night, (lager). Things get quite interesting as you learn about what works and what dosn't, say you fancy a portion of mellon or strawberries with cream, in my case any time before dinner time is a no no, eating them alone is a disaster, however eat them after dinner, fine! So its not only what you eat but in what order and what time of day, you just learn to live a new eating life really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back