Newly diagnosed blood prick machine?

corriefan

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi I've just been diagnosed and really struggling testing my blood sugars as no blood is coming out .I have tried lots of things

Welcome @corriefan 🙂 Have you got a pricker that you can adjust the depth on? If so, turn it to a higher number. Then, wash your hands in warms water and give then some vigorous shakes after drying them. Press the pricker gently against the side of your finger pad (I always find the ring finger bleeds well).

Hello and welcome!

I use one of these;

After pricking from twice a week to eight times or more a day I now have "rhino" finger tips.

I find washing your hands in warm water, particularly in a colder day, helpful. You also need to be well hydrated or the amount of blood in the extremities can drop

May I ask are you Type I or II, or another Type?

Hi I've just been diagnosed and really struggling testing my blood sugars as no blood is coming out .I have tried lots of things
There's a guide right here on the website, including a video:-

Hello and welcome!

I use one of these;

After pricking from twice a week to eight times or more a day I now have "rhino" finger tips.

I find washing your hands in warm water, particularly in a colder day, helpful. You also need to be well hydrated or the amount of blood in the extremities can drop

May I ask are you Type I or II, or another Type?
Hi thank you so much for your help.the emergency department think type one although there not sure exactly I got diagnosed this weekend.x

There's a guide right here on the website, including a video:-

Thank you x

If you are Type 1 you should be asking for a Libre as well though it may take a little while, but even so crucial to get your finger pricking technique sorted.

Hi everyone I'm still struggling I keep putting the glucofix tech machine pricing my finger and the machine keeps saying error 3 .I have no idea what to do I keep wasting strips and getting really worked up as am trying to test my blood sugars and look after my diabetes for the team I have no idea what to do.
Thank x

Sorry to hear you are having trouble getting a reliable sample @corriefan :(

Does your lancing device have variable depth settings?

Could you upgrade to an Accu Chek Fast Clix or Multi Clix (can!t remember what the current one is called!). Those are usually super-reliable and virtually pain free.

Also you might like this older blog post which has some hints and tips 🙂
Painless Pricks, by Alan S

Hi everyone I'm still struggling I keep putting the glucofix tech machine pricing my finger and the machine keeps saying error 3 .I have no idea what to do I keep wasting strips and getting really worked up as am trying to test my blood sugars and look after my diabetes for the team I have no idea what to do.
Thank x
Error 3 means you are not getting enough blood being sucked into the end of the test strip to fill the reservoir. You only need a small drop of blood but you need to apply the strip to the drop and it will be sucked into the strip by capillary action.
It does not go on top of the strip.9

Could you upgrade to an Accu Chek Fast Clix or Multi Clix (can!t remember what the current one is called!). Those are usually super-reliable and virtually pain free.

Thank you maybe I will look into it x

Error 3 means you are not getting enough blood being sucked into the end of the test strip to fill the reservoir. You only need a small drop of blood but you need to apply the strip to the drop and it will be sucked into the strip by capillary action.
It does not go on top of the strip.9
Thank you even when I have a lot of blood it's still saying it x

Thank you even when I have a lot of blood it's still saying it x
But is it going in the right place, if you have too much it may still not be in the right place and be all aver the strip rather than in the reservoir which fills from the end.
Is your monitor new?

But is it going in the right place, if you have too much it may still not be in the right place and be all aver the strip rather than in the reservoir which fills from the end.
Is your monitor new?
Hi I think so yes at the end of the strip.i was looking online at reviews apparently loads of people have had problems with this one glucose fix tech im not too sure if it's new but the hospital gave it to me. X

Hi I think so yes at the end of the strip.i was looking online at reviews apparently loads of people have had problems with this one glucose fix tech im not too sure if it's new but the hospital gave it to me. X
I wonder if it is a timing issue with when you apply the sample, have you checked if the battery is OK.
There is a YouTube video which may help. If all things you try fail then take it back to the hospital but you should be able to get one on prescription from your GP and anyway it would be good to have a second monitor as back up.

Thank you for replying I think the diabetic nurse put new batteries in it on Monday. I have a phone appointment Wednesday so will mention it than and am face to face appointment with diabetic nurse at gp surgery Thursday so will tell him than too x

Thank you for replying I think the diabetic nurse put new batteries in it on Monday. I have a phone appointment Wednesday so will mention it than and am face to face appointment with diabetic nurse at gp surgery Thursday so will tell him than too x
Do you also have a LIbre as you really do need something at all times to test your blood glucose as I assume as Type 1 you are on insulin.

Back