Newcastle upon Tyne meet up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be interested too. I used to live in Newcastle until about 5 years ago and we travel back up to see friends as often as possible. The 2nd weekend in May would be great - but not the last, please - I'll be in sunny Spain then!

Suzanne

i like rhombus personally...when i was a kid, and geeky, that was my favourite shape, purely for the name!

we are going a bit off thread ...im going down the pub xx

hahahaha loving the name suggestions!! x

Am64, you may be disappointed, the disco boat sailed off about a year ago, I think they sold it to somewhere in Ireland. I never tried it, actually - the combination of waves, a revolving dancefloor and alcohol never sounded like a good one!

Definitely all ages welcome! I've got a few bits and bobs to arrange in May then I will get back on here with dates...

Good to know that quite a few people are up for meeting up...spread the word...let's kick start the north east diabetics massive!!!!!!!!:D

I could be interested too! Currently don't know any other diabetics, and would like to meet and swaop notes/ideas/help etc. I'm just north of Newcastle, so would be easy for me. will keep checking forum for details. Great stuff!!

Am64, you may be disappointed, the disco boat sailed off about a year ago, I think they sold it to somewhere in Ireland. I never tried it, actually - the combination of waves, a revolving dancefloor and alcohol never sounded like a good one!

Definitely all ages welcome! I've got a few bits and bobs to arrange in May then I will get back on here with dates...

hahhaaa it could actually move???? never went on it either i just lived on the quayside overlooking the swing bridge when it was all derelict down there!!

... the disco boat sailed off about a year ago,

NO!

I'm not happy about that, cor dear, bloomin hell, memories, I have a few, generally unrepeatable, one mate was found literally sleeping in the gutter after a heavy session on that boat, why did they make it free to get in too early so you got even more drunk, not really an approriate word but you get the jist!

Sad days :(

bet julies has gone aswell ! hehee what about Rockshots??

Julies? Rockshots? They don't ring any bells, sorry! I've only been here 4 years, and the people I go out with tend to be real-ale types, so pubs are a more usual haunt for me...

Glad to hear a few more people are interested. Will think about a date and post more soon!

Think Julies used to down near the quayside but closed years ago. rockshots was/is in the Pink Triangle, which is still pretty busy. Lived up here all my life, but don't get into the town much at all now - small children put paid to that!

Lots of pubs/bars/restaurants etc down near the quay which apparently massively upgraded now! Actually am scheduled for night out in town Friday 30th, so will try to spot any likely venues.

I'm really interested in coming up to Newcastle, i live near Scarborough so once a date is made i'll see if i can make it 🙂

I'm going up next weekend but will think of you all.

Highly recommend Trillians by the library, if it's still there. I saw the Percy had disappeared when I went up last - crikey - end of an era...

Any news yet on dates for the Newcastle meet

I want to take advantage of some of the offers for cheap rail fares

Hi Hazel, sorry for the delay...

How about we go for Saturday 8th May then? I think a few people could make that. If it turns out no-one can then we'll think again....

Anyone fancy meeting for lunch?

Hope to see you then.

Cool I will look into train times and prices. Do we have a list of who is going - may be we could do a poll to get numbers?

Hi guys, I can't make that date but have a fab time and take lots of pics 🙂 x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back