Newbie.

pat daine

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have just registered.Recently diagnosed(4 months)I have type 2 diabetes I take gliclazide tablets,empaglifloxin tablet and also inject insulin.It has been quite a lot to take in for a 75 year old!

Anitram

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, Pat. Welcome to the Forum. I was also diagnosed late in life too (70), so I'm with you in that regard. I've been a little more fortunate but it's still required some significant lifestyle changes, although they've become pretty much second nature now.

How are you managing so far?

Martin

pat daine

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am getting used to the different diet.Miss the chocolate and cream cakes! I was on Metformin but had terrible side effects.Things have been difficult because just after diagnosis my husband was diagnosed with widespread terminal cancer so I nursed him at home he passed away on April 25th. Now I can concentrate on diet etc.
Pat.

Anitram

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am getting used to the different diet.Miss the chocolate and cream cakes! I was on Metformin but had terrible side effects.Things have been difficult because just after diagnosis my husband was diagnosed with widespread terminal cancer so I nursed him at home he passed away on April 25th. Now I can concentrate on diet etc.
Pat.
Tell me about Metformin. I only lasted six weeks due to severe stomach cramping.

So sorry to hear that you've had to cope with your husband passing away, too. Life can be cruel.

Martin

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Welcome to the forum @pat daine

Sincere condolences for your loss. My wife died from a brief encounter with pancreatic cancer in October 2018, so I have profound sympathy for your situation.

It must have been very difficult to go through during lockdown, when friends and family had to keep their distance.

Well done for focussing on your diabetes management, and making changes to your diet.

Hope you can find a way to balance your meds with a diet that is sustainable, bg friendly, and which suits you.