New statin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Vic for another helpful link and the knowledge that I am not alone in wanting/needing to stop these dreadful tablets.

Thank you everydayupsanddowns for saying you probably wouldn't take them either in my situation, and the interesting high carb info, I wonder what they think is "high" do you have a link to that research?

Thanks Toby, I am in regular contact with The Stroke Association and their local lady comes round sometimes, I will get her take on it when I see her.

Thank you KateR for sharing your experience, yet another person who has had problems! Funny how drs have never heard of any of us isn't it? Glad the new medication helped you, I will bear it in mind.

Just to let you all know that I didn't take one last night and the terrible heated feeling in my head has gone. It is apparent however that each time I take a statin it has more lasting effect on me as I struggled to walk into town today. Met a neighbour who was shocked at how unwell I looked. I think that says it all. Thanks for all your support, think of me on Tuesday afternoon with the doc. My sister wants to come in with me to back me up, I'm not sure, will it look like we are ganging up on him? What do you think?

Flutterby

Don't know if you would welcome to opportunity to share your (hideous) experience with Statins, but according to the DUK Facebook page they are looking for people who have had major problems with them.

Don't know why... but I instantly thought of you :D

I have PM'd you details.

M

Flutterby

Don't know if you would welcome to opportunity to share your (hideous) experience with Statins, but according to the DUK Facebook page they are looking for people who have had major problems with them.

Don't know why... but I instantly thought of you :D

I have PM'd you details.

M

Haha! I just put up a thread about it Mike, then I read this! 😉

Thank you both, how funny that you should think of me! It's perfect timing isn't it? Hope my GP reads the final piece whether or not I get my say. I have emailed them so will let you know if I get any response!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back