New pump For Xmas !

Status
Not open for further replies.
What made you switch from Combo to 640g? I am due for upgrade in Feb so interested in ideas.
This will be my 3rd pump SB. All Medtronic with up to date features & nice staff. I have more than 3 members of staff emails & mob nos. Normal people willing to help. 🙂. They sponcer me on occasion's 😎

What made you switch from Combo to 640g? I am due for upgrade in Feb so interested in ideas.
Sorry for the late response. Two main reasons. Firstly, I wanted a waterproof pump as I swim a lot, and secondly I wanted a pump with integrated CGM (having been converted by the Libre). It was then down to a choice of the 640G or a Vibe. I don't know what swung it for the 640G in the end, but I have no regrets. The only tiny niggle I have with it is that the belt clip keeps it oriented 'portrait' rather then 'landscape' which can be a bit uncomfortable. Most of the time though, I just drop it in my pocket. And, it does alarm a lot, especially with CGM. I should turn most of them off really.

Sorry for the late response. Two main reasons. Firstly, I wanted a waterproof pump as I swim a lot, and secondly I wanted a pump with integrated CGM (having been converted by the Libre). It was then down to a choice of the 640G or a Vibe. I don't know what swung it for the 640G in the end, but I have no regrets. The only tiny niggle I have with it is that the belt clip keeps it oriented 'portrait' rather then 'landscape' which can be a bit uncomfortable. Most of the time though, I just drop it in my pocket. And, it does alarm a lot, especially with CGM. I should turn most of them off really.
Good for you m1dnc. I think Medtronic are good 😎

Plus of course, the Combo isn't offered now! - so you do have to change whatever you have.

Apparently Medtronic have a few to give out after Xmas so demos there will be a few there, looking forward to it 😉

Not long now ! I still have my first pump & it works fine. 😎 I will have to empty my head of things & learn what the buttons do :D

Plus of course, the Combo isn't offered now! - so you do have to change whatever you have.

I asked about combo situations and I was told that they are continuing with them at present.
I am hoping that that is the situation when I get my replacement early this year.

And me!
And I still wish it had a remote meter - do all of you fish your pump out from under your clothes??? (I wear dresses a lot, just don't want to have to convert to skirts or trousers/jeans all the time)

So many of us all about to get a new present, and we thought Christmas was over.
I hope all goes well and now looking at my diary to see when I have time to programme the new pump.
So glad I have downloaded data to Diasend which prints out a list of all the current settings.

Well had an excellent day ! Fri 13 & all that. They where demonstrating to six of us (nice Medtronic staff). The pump is waterproof to so many meters etc with a lot of good features. Reminders of set changes. Graphics are good. Happy bunny ! In the next few weeks it will be tested ! 😎

Good!

Is it very different from the previous model?

Have had 640 a few weeks now & slowly finding what all the buttons are for 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back