Are you still on the steroids @SpookyGirl

They could certainly be contributing to your raised BGs.

Hopefully your levels will continue to gently drift downwards - but those do seem to be quite significant rises from a pretty low-carb meal, so it looks like something else is going on. Hopefully all will become clear in time. Keep on keeping on in the mean time 😉
No, I'm not but have now come across a few people who had pneumonia and steroids and have suffered extended higher readings and had not been in the diabetic range before.

The D/N believes my higher readings are caused by fatty liver giving off more glucose. I am lucky that she has autoimmune liver disease and type 2 so has a bit of a cross over of knowledge. Metformin is one of the treatments used for fatty liver, if blood glucose is reading high. I think one of the injectable treatments for type 2 also can help repair scarred liver as well. I am not sure of all the details or which drug it is.

I have had a few odd readings, the strangest being on a day when OH cooked fish fingers, tinned plum tomatoes with homemade white vegetable rice. The figure before was 14 mmol/L, 2 hours later, 12.7 mmol/L.

I gave her all my numbers and she is not concerned. She only wants me to test before eating. I can only be guided by her at this point. My liver is not good. My blood numbers were raised in July and higher in August. My TSH for my thyroid is the higher end of normal at the moment, not a safe place for me and I need to be lower. The thyroid messes up so much in the body if it's out of whack.

Sorry this is a tome, but, you are right, there IS more going on that could very easily raise my blood sugars. I have had tests and scans for more sinister goings on and so far, nothing, which is a relief.

Back