New Member but Diagnosed 11 years Ago. Why no Remission programs available?

There are about 3.7 million Type 2s in England and Wales and 250,000 are dxed every year ( 1.5 million in six years).
@Burylancs,The last figure of newly diagnosed T2s I saw was 150,000 newly diagnosed per annum but that was some years ago. Would you kindly point me to the source of the 250,000 per annum you mention. Thanks.

Briefly, meat and fats have 9 kcal/g while carbs have 4 kcal/g.
A correction here - Carbohydrate and protein each contribute 4 kilocalories per gram, while fat contributes 9 kilocalories per gram.

A correction here - Carbohydrate and protein each contribute 4 kilocalories per gram, while fat contributes 9 kilocalories per gram.
Quite right. That point was irrelevant so I have dropped it. Thank you.

@Memik12 - do you take medication to help manage your diabetes? If you are on certain types of medication - like insulin or others that make you produce more insulin, then you need to be careful about making big changes to eating patterns.

If that is the case, it could be as simple as a tweak to your meds, but better safe than sorry.
On Metformin. Originally diet controlled. Last Hba1c was 44 so lloking to get back to lower levels.

Back