New medication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samantha1987

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Got My New Medication Gliclazide But Can’t Take It Cuz My Mum Doesn’t Know Weather I’ve Got To Take It With My Metformin And Irbarstan So I Rang The Doctors An Lady Will Be Ringing Me Next Monday Which Is. An Long Wait Cuz My Diabetic Nurse Doesn’t Deal With My Medication Apparently :confused: So I’m Confused On What To Do

That does not seem acceptable so I would ask to speak to the doctor. Failing that you could speak to the pharmacist as they are usually able to advice on medication and combinations of meds.

I take both metformin and gliclazide so I don't think there is a problem with taking them together. My memory of the nice guidelines is that you add gliclazide to metformin whilst trying to work out which is best for you. Don't know about the Irbarstan.

The suggestion to ring the pharmacy you got them from is a good one.

Got My New Medication Gliclazide But Can’t Take It Cuz My Mum Doesn’t Know Weather I’ve Got To Take It With My Metformin And Irbarstan So I Rang The Doctors An Lady Will Be Ringing Me Next Monday Which Is. An Long Wait Cuz My Diabetic Nurse Doesn’t Deal With My Medication Apparently :confused: So I’m Confused On What To Do

Can you ring the Diabetes UK Helpline tomorrow Sammy?

I was advised by my gp to take my gliclazide in the morning before breakfast (along with metformin, linagliptin and empagliflozin). He said that as gliclizide can cause hypos its better to take it in the morning than at night so as not to drop too low during the night.

hello everyone the pharmacist rang me she was very helpful more helpful then my diabetic nurse she told me everything that I needed to know about Gliclazide and what it can do so I take Metformin with my Irbarstan And take Gliclazide with them both and I was advised to take it 20 minutes before eating breakfast and if I start to have sweats or shakes or dizziness or anything like that then I must ring my doctors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back