New diagosis of type 2 any help appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear that you have got yourself a meter.
9.7 is above the sort of level you want to be getting but not desperately high. When did you test? ie before food or after and if after how long after and what had you eaten?

Keeping a food diary and recording your pre and 2 hour post meal readings is the recommended testing strategy to help you see how food is affecting your levels and will help you to identify which foods are causing you BG upheaval and what you can get away with.

So just an update and also a big thank you to all of you for your advice and support.
I had my 4 week check last week, I am doing great! My BG is in target (other than yesterday it was randomly 9.7)
My blood pressure is 90/60, apparently that's excellent and that of a teenager, cholesterol ideal at 3.5% and I've lost a stone since my diagnosis, so 2 and a half in total now.
I feel great.
It feels good that no other worries arose.
I bought a BG monitor and my levels have been between 6 & 9.7, normally around 7.
Il have my bloods done again in September and hopefully know more and see what progress I've made.
The 9.7 reading knocked me a bit yesterday but gave me a kick to not let my eye off the ball, which are haven't food and exercise wise but I did drink a large quantity of diet coke Friday and Saturday, I've abused it for years, 3 litres a day!!! I had cut down to a glass, but because I was doing so well I filled my boots. I do believe that diet drinks (DEFINITELY AFTER YESTERDAY) can trigger or worsen diabetes, I've read a lot into it and how the sweet taste can trick your body, so I am back to a small amount each day in the hopes that il soon kick it for good.
When I cold turkey I get migraines, so it's tricky.
I took some measurements and I've lost about 2 inch since diagnosis.
I don't believe I have suffered a hypo at any point any more, more a BG high.
Thanks everyone, hoping for fantastic results in September and good health for you all xx

9.7 is above the sort of level you want to be getting but not desperately high. When did you test? ie before food or after and if after how long after and what had you eaten?

Keeping a food diary and recording your pre and 2 hour post meal readings is the recommended testing strategy to help you see how food is affecting your levels and will help you to identify which foods are causing you BG upheaval and what you can get away with.
Well it was after food, which was silly.
But I did feel crap and lethargic prior to eating. But il stick with your guidance in future. I am not really sure what I am doing?

I've just taken a reading, it's hours since I ate.
6.7 so I am happy with that

So just an update and also a big thank you to all of you for your advice and support.
I had my 4 week check last week, I am doing great! My BG is in target (other than yesterday it was randomly 9.7)
My blood pressure is 90/60, apparently that's excellent and that of a teenager, cholesterol ideal at 3.5% and I've lost a stone since my diagnosis, so 2 and a half in total now.
I feel great.
It feels good that no other worries arose.
I bought a BG monitor and my levels have been between 6 & 9.7, normally around 7.
Il have my bloods done again in September and hopefully know more and see what progress I've made.
The 9.7 reading knocked me a bit yesterday but gave me a kick to not let my eye off the ball, which are haven't food and exercise wise but I did drink a large quantity of diet coke Friday and Saturday, I've abused it for years, 3 litres a day!!! I had cut down to a glass, but because I was doing so well I filled my boots. I do believe that diet drinks (DEFINITELY AFTER YESTERDAY) can trigger or worsen diabetes, I've read a lot into it and how the sweet taste can trick your body, so I am back to a small amount each day in the hopes that il soon kick it for good.
When I cold turkey I get migraines, so it's tricky.
I took some measurements and I've lost about 2 inch since diagnosis.
I don't believe I have suffered a hypo at any point any more, more a BG high.
Thanks everyone, hoping for fantastic results in September and good health for you all xx
Just to show my progress, the first picture was taken prior to my diagnosis in April.
They were before diet pics, a diet which never happened.... and here I am in July.

Attachments

• Collage 2021-07-18 23_23_20.jpg
    Collage 2021-07-18 23_23_20.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 8
Wow! Can't comment on weight loss, but great size loss!! Many congratulations. Bet you feel so much better too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back