New and confused!

Drummer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I was on a cholesterol lowering high carb diet for almost 2 years - it went down between diagnosis and the first retest - 'delayed reaction' the nurse said. Yeah. Right.
You might well find that things come right for you on a low carb diet - on the low carb forum a lot of people have to be warned about taking tablets for high blood pressure as there have been reports of same fairly bad falls and accidents due to them not needing them any more. It isn't a certainty of course, but I have heard it more than a few times over the years.

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Welcome to the forum @Roobee

You have already had loads of advice, so I will just encourage you to ask any questions that you have. No one minds and nothing is considered silly on here. Just ask.

Roobee

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Thank you to everyone for your help and advice. I have bought a bg monitor and am also keeping track of what I am eating. Have asked the Dr to call back today just to establish what level it was at after the blood test. This morning it was 7.4 which I think is on the high side?

Exercise and no stress today, hopefully!!

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
This morning it was 7.4 which I think is on the high side?
That’s pretty peachy to be honest.

Ultimately you should be aiming for around 4-7 before meals and no higher than 8.5 by 2hrs after meals, but in the early weeks 7.4 is not too shabby at all!

Roobee

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
That’s pretty peachy to be honest.

Ultimately you should be aiming for around 4-7 before meals and no higher than 8.5 by 2hrs after meals, but in the early weeks 7.4 is not too shabby at all!
That makes me feel so much better! Thank you... Still getting to grips with the numbers!
Thank you!