Needing support please and Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't have IBS but my bowel was no where near as healthy and regular as it is now. There was a period of constipation when I started low carb because I missed the fibre from wholegrain products but once I introduced a psyllium and chia seed drink to my daily routine along with my low carb way of eating, my gut health is amazing!
So pleased you are finding a benefit with your IBS on low carb Jacinta and that the increased Metformin aren't having a negative impact.
You are doing so well and I am delighted that you were able to convince the doctor to give you more time to continue with the great progress you are already making, without using new/stronger medications.

You are lucky that you can take the tablets - I tried all ways to take them but it always ended the same way....
I have seen people reporting that eating low carb really helped their ibs, and that their gut had been really happy about the change.
Sorry for the late reply , I find if I can take tablets that I can remember to take them like it’s second nature , I’m sorry you struggle with taking them , my fiancée can’t take tablets as when he was a kid it was forced down his throat and he would throw them back up so I don’t force him to have them and just take a different route to help him out . Oh low carb has helped my ibs so much , I’m not bloated and I don’t get flare ups which is amazing for me and my gut is a happy little Vegemite .

I didn't have IBS but my bowel was no where near as healthy and regular as it is now. There was a period of constipation when I started low carb because I missed the fibre from wholegrain products but once I introduced a psyllium and chia seed drink to my daily routine along with my low carb way of eating, my gut health is amazing!
So pleased you are finding a benefit with your IBS on low carb Jacinta and that the increased Metformin aren't having a negative impact.
You are doing so well and I am delighted that you were able to convince the doctor to give you more time to continue with the great progress you are already making, without using new/stronger medications.
Ibs is the worst thing to have , I don’t wish it on anyone not even on my worse enemy , oh that didn’t sound good , surprisingly my ibs wasn’t messed up when I first started low carb and I honestly thought it would . With my ibs the most I couldn’t go was day 4 and now that isn’t many days but I’m in a ibs group where people couldn’t go for weeks and I had a bad stomach ache and had to resort to subspirtories (can’t spell). I’m also glad the medication isn’t doing any harm to my ibs aswell cause when I wen let to see my doctor she did ask if I needed to change medications because of ibs and I said no it’s all good if anything it’s helped it actually . Thankyou so much for that , I find dealing with my doctor is easier to convince then trying with my nurse to be honest .

I had my blood test done today to see what type I am and they said it usually takes a week for it to come back , so hopefully everything will turn out well and I have my diabetic eyes test done next Monday as they don’t have appointments this week . I also found out my mum also has diabetes aswell and she’s like 70 , so I’m happy I’m also not alone in this from my family . Not many people know and I don’t think I’ll every be ready to tell anyone . I think it’s from judgement and them saying you shouldn’t be eating that but I have the low carb all worked out , I do need help though with like going out to eat and eating with family . And birthdays especially one that’s coming up .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back