Need help understanding this cenario

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds very frustrating @gillrogers, I hope you find your way in it soon.

If it helps, I’m having one of those mornings similar, where I seem to just be more sensitive to insulin or producing more today, really have no idea why. Nothing has changed.
Woke up to a hypo alarm and I’m dropping in between food (even without insulin). I’m going to reduce my mealtime ratios and probably will reduce my basal tonight. It’s not perfect and I’m feeling pretty anxious today but maybe hopefully it’ll make you feel you are not alone 🙂
Thanks @Evergreen, hope you get it sorted. Raised my basal again this morning, effect seems to be more like I didn’t bother! I’ve been struggling at this for a year now since coming out of the honeymoon phase and becoming less resistant. Bizzarely I seemed to be more successful when I was highly resistant to the insulin. Having now gone the other way due to much less stress from our mentally ill daughter I just can’t get a hold. Every problem I have it gets chucked back at me by the diabetes team that it’s my fear of hypos and they won’t help me now until April. I don’t think I can wait until April with this sensitivity problem that I seem to have now. My lunchtime blousing is having an impact on my dinner time and ultimate bedtime because I’m bolusing lunch and dinner later as my bolus insulin lasts 5 hours. I’m using mysugr to work out bolus doses.

Have your team told you they won’t help you until April? Surely they can’t do that? I’m fairly newly diagnosed so I don’t have a huge amount of experience with stuff like this.

I do also have a fear of hypos and @rebrascora (I hope you don’t mind me copying you in!) was very helpful to me with this. If I remember correctly you also had a fear of hypos and your support was very reassuring to me.

I ultimately received some EMDR in therapy which was helpful. It didn’t get rid of all of the fear but it did make it more manageable (most of the time). Secondly, I also listened to a podcast from the diabetes psychologist (a bit American but I thought it was useful), he talked about fear of hypos, how common it was and how to overcome it.

Hope that is a bit helpful

Yes Barbera has helped me a lot, I need a phsycologist. What EDMR? Oh yes diabetes team haven’t an appointment until April. Last I spoke to them they told me I won’t do what they tell me to do and that’s because they’ve not listened to me and to them my problems are all about my fear of hypos. In the end she admitted that they hadn’t understood me properly when I finally managed to say something that made her click about what’s going on with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back