Need advice..

I’ve been on the Omnipod Dash for almost a year now. Depending on what I’m doing the adhesive is brilliant. For me wearing the pod on the back of my arm works best. As of yet not caught it sufficiently hard enough to knock it off. When I say depends what you’re doing, if active you may have a problem. I placed in on my stomach/belly and twice when out running had an issue. First time it fell off completely. I had been running a while so was a sweaty mess. Similar on another run I noticed it was getting loose so walked home holding pod in place. Never had an issue with pods on either arm. Have to really pull to remove pods from my arms, they stick really well there for me. Much stronger than the Libre adhesive. I go to Aqua Fitness twice a week for an hour each time and never had an issue whether on tummy or arm.

Another thought is looping with Dash and Libre. I’ve been use the DIY Loop app since January. My control has continued to improve. My Diabetes team are fully aware. Initially a little sceptical. Now with my blood results further improved, they said I’m now one of the better controlled under their team they are increasingly supportive. Though DIY Looping is not for everyone.
My team have said ill be doing looping, I'm only in the stage of doing cpeptide blood test stage, they wanna make sure I actually have diabetes
I was asked to look into the different types and think about what kind I'd like.
My libre sensor when it actually wants to stay does alright on my arm during pilates everyday and that's probs all workout stuff I do minus the normal walk.
Has your pump blocked up? That's the one fear with tubeless.

My team have said ill be doing looping, I'm only in the stage of doing cpeptide blood test stage, they wanna make sure I actually have diabetes
I was asked to look into the different types and think about what kind I'd like.
My libre sensor when it actually wants to stay does alright on my arm during pilates everyday and that's probs all workout stuff I do minus the normal walk.
Has your pump blocked up? That's the one fear with tubeless.
So far, apart from the two that fell off or nearly fell off, I’ve had two pods fail in the year I’ve been using them. Both started randomly the screeching noise that happens when something goes wrong with the pod. No way of telling what went wrong. The cannula insertion point looked okay. Could have been a blockage. Sorry this isn’t much help for you. There are Facebook groups where people post about their pods. Might be worth a look. I’ll post a link if you’re interested.

If they said you’ll be looping, I wonder if one option they’re thinking of is the Omnipod 5, which loops with Dexcom and possibly the new Libre sensor. I don’t suppose they’d officially recommend DIY Looping.

Edit to add, Insulet have replaced all my failed pods with no questions asked. Well, they have a standard set of questions to ask, such as did you need any help because of the failed pod, etc. All kind of safety questions really. It’s a 24 hour phone line. I called them at 1am once. The one that fell off I thought they might query, but nope just said to hold onto it and they sent an SAE for it to be sent back to them. Others they haven’t asked to be returned. They also send a box to send a batch of used pods back to them for some kind of recycling.

Last edited:
So far, apart from the two that fell off or nearly fell off, I’ve had two pods fail in the year I’ve been using them. Both started randomly the screeching noise that happens when something goes wrong with the pod. No way of telling what went wrong. The cannula insertion point looked okay. Could have been a blockage. Sorry this isn’t much help for you. There are Facebook groups where people post about their pods. Might be worth a look. I’ll post a link if you’re interested.

If they said you’ll be looping, I wonder if one option they’re thinking of is the Omnipod 5, which loops with Dexcom and possibly the new Libre sensor. I don’t suppose they’d officially recommend DIY Looping.

Edit to add, Insulet have replaced all my failed pods with no questions asked. Well, they have a standard set of questions to ask, such as did you need any help because of the failed pod, etc. All kind of safety questions really. It’s a 24 hour phone line. I called them at 1am once. The one that fell off I thought they might query, but nope just said to hold onto it and they sent an SAE for it to be sent back to them. Others they haven’t asked to be returned. They also send a box to send a batch of used pods back to them for some kind of recycling.
That's like my sensor when it falls of, few questions and then they send a new one out. I'll look up the fb groups, any info/advice is helpful! Thank you.

I suppose that's a good idea with the tiny holes in dresses! Does the cannula still have to be just on your tummy?
I have my cannulas on my tummy or round to the side. I tried bum once and as you said it was awkward when sitting and I then found the tubing awkward, so went back to abdomen.
You can get very long tubing with your cannulas so you could use legs and still have pump in your pocket.

Can it be controlled with your phone? And does the pod stick out quite abit?

Sure they were rolling out apps to use on certain phones to control pods, best to check on Insulet website to see if they do & if your phone model is amounst those listed.

Does pod stick out, yes it does but it's something that doesn't bother me at all, if you contact Insulet customer support they will send you out a dummy pod to try first.

I have my cannulas on my tummy or round to the side. I tried bum once and as you said it was awkward when sitting and I then found the tubing awkward, so went back to abdomen.
You can get very long tubing with your cannulas so you could use legs and still have pump in your pocket.
I don't think I'd use a long tube. Not bothered about having it in my tummy that's where I had it years ago.

Sure they were rolling out apps to use on certain phones to control pods, best to check on Insulet website to see if they do & if your phone model is amounst those listed.

Does pod stick out, yes it does but it's something that doesn't bother me at all, if you contact Insulet customer support they will send you out a dummy pod to try first.
Okay thanks.
I will look Into that!

I don't think I'd use a long tube. Not bothered about having it in my tummy that's where I had it years ago.
Let us know what you decide.

Back