Need a new pen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katie - sorry the one i thought was a new one is actually used! I wouldnt dream of giving you a used one. Really sorry.😱 Could you ring your gp in the morning and explain the urgency - perhaps they could fast-track the prescription to your chemist? It is an emergency if your pen is broken!😉🙂Bev x

Katie, hope you are ok? You should definately be able to get one tomorrow from gp, after all you need it, hope you will be ok till then though 😱

Katie - sorry the one i thought was a new one is actually used! I wouldnt dream of giving you a used one. Really sorry.😱 Could you ring your gp in the morning and explain the urgency - perhaps they could fast-track the prescription to your chemist? It is an emergency if your pen is broken!Bev x

No worries, thanks anyway 🙂

Katie, hope you are ok? You should definately be able to get one tomorrow from gp, after all you need it, hope you will be ok till then though 😱

I'm down to 11 now, phew. I will see what I can do tomorrow and phone the GP.

Good luck getting new pen from GP. Are you working? When other people have had problems getting pens they need, they get a trusted manager to pretend they are the wlefare officer or HR manager from the company and ask on your behalf.

Did you know if you're in doubt about a pen's accuracy you can check - dial 20 units and squirt it into the cap of a needle, and it should fill the narrow bit at the bottom on the needle cap.

Hope that makes sense - should be able to rule out if the high levels are due to the pen or illness/stress etc!

No worries, thanks anyway 🙂

I'm down to 11 now, phew. I will see what I can do tomorrow and phone the GP.

Hi, if you have a friendly pharmacist, it might be worth asking if they'll give you one in the meantime until you can get a prescription to them - I'm sure mine did that once when I was short of test strips.
Good luck anyway.

Thanks for your help guys.

Pigeon, I didn't know that - interesting :D

Last night I found out it wasn't my pen, it was the cartridge! Even though I had checked it and it looked fine, when I changed the cartridge it started delivering properly. I have asked for a new one today when I ordered my prescription. I recieved an email earlier asking for more details, do I want a silver or blue one? hehe! She wasn't sure if it made a difference 😉 So I should be able to pick it up tomorrow, woo.

Last night I found out it wasn't my pen, it was the cartridge! Even though I had checked it and it looked fine, when I changed the cartridge it started delivering properly. I have asked for a new one today when I ordered my prescription. I recieved an email earlier asking for more details, do I want a silver or blue one? hehe! She wasn't sure if it made a difference 😉 So I should be able to pick it up tomorrow, woo.

glad you got it sorted hun, ooh which colour you getting? The pharmacist always used to apologise, every time i got my pens, the ones i didnt order, as they only had champagne ones? :D

Have you got it yet? What colour? How many units have you done with it? Did it hurt? Did you get a spare one???

I alway have a spare, plus I also have a seperate one that I take with me, so the NovoRapid and Levemir are in my smart leather Densang case and my 'mobile' NovoRapid is in the blue carry case that I pick up if out for lunch or dinner.. If I loose it, well, not a problem, I have the main ones at home - plus a new spare.

Oh, another thing I like about the new ones, you don't need to move the pen plunger to the plunger in the cartridge, it almost seems as though they were designed by the same people 🙄

glad you got it sorted hun, ooh which colour you getting? The pharmacist always used to apologise, every time i got my pens, the ones i didnt order, as they only had champagne ones? :D

hehe :D I'm getting a silver one, the same as I have now because the only other option is blue! I'm not really a blue person...

I'm quite excited about the upgrade lol.

Have you got it yet? What colour? How many units have you done with it? Did it hurt? Did you get a spare one???

I alway have a spare, plus I also have a seperate one that I take with me, so the NovoRapid and Levemir are in my smart leather Densang case and my 'mobile' NovoRapid is in the blue carry case that I pick up if out for lunch or dinner.. If I loose it, well, not a problem, I have the main ones at home - plus a new spare.

Oh, another thing I like about the new ones, you don't need to move the pen plunger to the plunger in the cartridge, it almost seems as though they were designed by the same people 🙄

haha! I havent got it yet, getting it in a bit. I have a spare yes. All those carry cases 😱 I just dump mine in the bottom of my bad hehe! Probably not the best idea but I dont want my bag full of diabetes stuff.

dont have to move the plunger?! ooh I wonder how that works, I shall see...

weeeeeeeee, got my novopen4 today, it's all very exciting 😉

It is so much lighter than the old one and a bit smaller which is cool!

WOOOOO glad you got it and your happy with it katie x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back