Need a new pen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

katie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Helloo

I lost one of my novopens the other day and still haven't found it! So i'm using my spare. I'm a bit worried it isn't dispensing all of the insulin I dial up because it makes the same sound it makes when it isn't pushing down on the cartridge. Like when you put in a new cartridge and need to get the plunger thing in the right place... Ok I can't explain it :D Anyway...

How do I get a new pen? I know I can get a free one from the hospital, but it's quite a mission for me to get there etc. Do I need to make an appointment with my GP to get one?

I just wrote on my repeat prescription form when I needed a spare Autopen - mind you, it did take several trips before they gave me the right one even though I had written the exact code down!

I have my novopen on my repeat. So, you should be able to get one from your GP - most pharmacies should have them in stock - don't see why you'd need to make an appointment and it sounds like a bit of an emergency!

Helloo

I lost one of my novopens the other day and still haven't found it! So i'm using my spare. I'm a bit worried it isn't dispensing all of the insulin I dial up because it makes the same sound it makes when it isn't pushing down on the cartridge. Like when you put in a new cartridge and need to get the plunger thing in the right place... Ok I can't explain it :D Anyway...

How do I get a new pen? I know I can get a free one from the hospital, but it's quite a mission for me to get there etc. Do I need to make an appointment with my GP to get one?

my gp have on line repeat prescription service that send it directly to a local chemist does yours do the same? might save you treking all over

I just wrote on my repeat prescription form when I needed a spare Autopen - mind you, it did take several trips before they gave me the right one even though I had written the exact code down!

I have my novopen on my repeat. So, you should be able to get one from your GP - most pharmacies should have them in stock - don't see why you'd need to make an appointment and it sounds like a bit of an emergency!

were you asking for a pen that they had already prescribed to you once before? otherwise, how did you find a code?

I would quite like a completely different one if possible :D I have the boring silver one and ive had it for 5 years. Obviously for now any pen would do though! I do need to go to the GP anyway but appoinments take aggges.

my gp have on line repeat prescription service that send it directly to a local chemist does yours do the same? might save you treking all over

yep my GP has just started that, but not sure if i write a note they will give me one?! worth a try though.

were you asking for a pen that they had already prescribed to you once before? otherwise, how did you find a code?

I would quite like a completely different one if possible :D I have the boring silver one and ive had it for 5 years. Obviously for now any pen would do though! I do need to go to the GP anyway but appoinments take aggges.....

I wrote down the product code, not the prescription code - nit sure how you find prescription codes out. I hadn't had an Autopen on prescription, just novopen, I got te other autopens at the hospital. I believe that they are prescribing the novopen 4 now - not sure what colours they are!

I wrote down the product code, not the prescription code - nit sure how you find prescription codes out. I hadn't had an Autopen on prescription, just novopen, I got te other autopens at the hospital. I believe that they are prescribing the novopen 4 now - not sure what colours they are!

ah yes, i meant the product code 🙂 I was wondering how you got it, but I see you can find out on the Internet. I think this one would suit me:

http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/NovoPen-Junior-Green.html 😛

ouch they are ?40!! I will try writing a note on the prescription and if that doesn't work i'll make an appointment! thanks.

Hmm, I really want a new pen, had the same one since I was diagnosed and it's quite battered now. I wonder if I just add it on to my next prescription request of I'll get it, worth a go I guess.

I really want to give the novopen 4 a go, it looks so much prettier than the red and yellow one I have!

Im thinking of asking for the novopen4 too, it looks like theyve improved it a bit! Just trying to find the product code...

Im thinking of asking for the novopen4 too, it looks like theyve improved it a bit! Just trying to find the product code...

I don't think the NovoPen 3 is available now - the ONLY downside of the 4 is the fact you can't do half units.

Other than that, very smooth and available in blue or silver - tell them which colour.

Mine are good, when I can use them! 🙄

Hmm, I really want a new pen, had the same one since I was diagnosed and it's quite battered now. I wonder if I just add it on to my next prescription request of I'll get it, worth a go I guess.

I really want to give the novopen 4 a go, it looks so much prettier than the red and yellow one I have!

Just ask them for one, actually my GP always prescribes one as a spare, if they do break you're really stuffed!

Both the blue and silver are nice colours - I do prefer the case that the NovoPen3 came with, this zip soft case for the 4 isn't my thing.

Ho humm!

thanks david, I could never do half units anyway 🙂

It's like eating half a chocolate isn't it? :confused:

Well, it would be if I liked the stuff!

I'm just on disposable pens , I didn't know there were other types tbh , are they much different

I get mine on prescription,

Pity you not on luxura pens you coud have one of my spares, lol, i now have 3 spares and the one i carry round.......

long story,but kept requesting test strips or insulin, and kept getting scripts for .........insulin pens,, :confused::D

I'm just on disposable pens , I didn't know there were other types tbh , are they much different

you just put the cartridges of insulin in a pen. it's a bit greener than disposable ones. I wonder why they havent given you a pen!?

I get mine on prescription,

Pity you not on luxura pens you coud have one of my spares, lol, i now have 3 spares and the one i carry round.......

long story,but kept requesting test strips or insulin, and kept getting scripts for .........insulin pens,, :confused::D

haha that's quite random :D Well ive just taken my tea time insulin and it definitely felt like it wasnt pushing any insulin out :( i'll find out in about an hour I guess!

you just put the cartridges of insulin in a pen. it's a bit greener than disposable ones. I wonder why they havent given you a pen!?

Oh right , no I was never offered them , I didnt even know you got pens like that :confused: I'm just on disposible Humalog and Levemir Pens

Katie,
I think i have one of these pens (green) -unused still in its box. You would be welcome to it if you would like it. I cant check at the moment as its on top of a kitchen unit - a bit high for me! I will ask daughter later if she can have a look!🙂Bev

Katie,
I think i have one of these pens (green) -unused still in its box. You would be welcome to it if you would like it. I cant check at the moment as its on top of a kitchen unit - a bit high for me! I will ask daughter later if she can have a look!🙂Bev

If you definitely don't need it for Alex, that would be amazing - thanks Bev 🙂 x

uh ohhh! pen definitely isnt working! im 19.2! I'll change the cartridge just in case :(

ah yes, i meant the product code 🙂 I was wondering how you got it, but I see you can find out on the Internet. I think this one would suit me:

http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/NovoPen-Junior-Green.html 😛

ouch they are ?40!! I will try writing a note on the prescription and if that doesn't work i'll make an appointment! thanks.

cant you get them on prescription which should be free cos you're a D:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back