My year of diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just downloaded my meters and looked at my numbers over the past 12 months. This is interesting to me because it's 12 months since I had my diabetes education course, including carb-counting, and makes it 12 months where I have felt that I have been 'in charge' of my diabetes.

So, out of a total of 2080 tests (av. 5.7 tests per day), I have had:

• 427 Above 7 mmol/l (20.5%)
  • 1368 in range 4-7 mmol/l (65.8%)
  • 146 below target 3.5-3.9 mmol/l (7%)
  • 139 Hypo <3.5 mmol/l (6.7%)

My control has improved more recently, as I have had only 5 hypos in the last month. Also, a lot of the above range readings were taken after eating when I would have hoped for something above 7 before going out for a run.

So, I am pretty happy with all that (just trying to find ways of cheering myself up after a miserable week!)🙂

Hi, Northerner dont understand the numbers thing yet but by all others who sent message sounds as though its great news keep up the good work .🙂

Well done on those impressive numbers it's good to see it written down etc that your doing well even when you don't feel like you are x

Well done on those impressive numbers it's good to see it written down etc that your doing well even when you don't feel like you are x

It is - although the 139 hypos looks quite scary! A lot of those were in the early days though, when I was just getting used to carb-counting. I was very underweight and always hungry, so I would use too much insulin at each meal, go hypo, then eat more food! I thought back then that you could only give insulin at meal times, not for snacks!😱🙂

Those are fab numbers Northerner - within range over 2/3 of the time? I'd certainly be celebrating with a glass or two of wine with those results too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back