My year of diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I've just downloaded my meters and looked at my numbers over the past 12 months. This is interesting to me because it's 12 months since I had my diabetes education course, including carb-counting, and makes it 12 months where I have felt that I have been 'in charge' of my diabetes.

So, out of a total of 2080 tests (av. 5.7 tests per day), I have had:

• 427 Above 7 mmol/l (20.5%)
  • 1368 in range 4-7 mmol/l (65.8%)
  • 146 below target 3.5-3.9 mmol/l (7%)
  • 139 Hypo <3.5 mmol/l (6.7%)

My control has improved more recently, as I have had only 5 hypos in the last month. Also, a lot of the above range readings were taken after eating when I would have hoped for something above 7 before going out for a run.

So, I am pretty happy with all that (just trying to find ways of cheering myself up after a miserable week!)🙂

I've just downloaded my meters and looked at my numbers over the past 12 months. This is interesting to me because it's 12 months since I had my diabetes education course, including carb-counting, and makes it 12 months where I have felt that I have been 'in charge' of my diabetes.

My control has improved more recently, as I have had only 5 hypos in the last month. Also, a lot of the above range readings were taken after eating when I would have hoped for something above 7 before going out for a run.

So, I am pretty happy with all that (just trying to find ways of cheering myself up after a miserable week!)🙂

well done ! i am a year on type 2 and awaiting lastest blood test results i dont think they be good but I am determined to get them better!🙂🙂 and what is it about the last week so maney i know have had hard time in one form or another.... it was the autumn equinox on monday:confused:

It all sounds pretty good and gives hope to us lesser mortals still strugling at times with our numbers....

those are great numbers northe, well done 🙂

how many are over 20? have you even seen a number that high?? :D

Brilliant number Northerner

well done ! i am a year on type 2 and awaiting lastest blood test results i dont think they be good but I am determined to get them better!🙂 and what is it about the last week so maney i know have had hard time in one form or another.... it was the autumn equinox on monday

That might have something to do with it you know! I suffer quite a bit from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and always feel down when the days start becoming shorter than the nights:(

Hope your results are good when you get them!

It all sounds pretty good and gives hope to us lesser mortals still strugling at times with our numbers....

I suspect my honeymooning pancreas is helping somewhat!

those are great numbers northe, well done

how many are over 20? have you even seen a number that high?? :D

Only when I was in hospital! My highest was 14.4 and lowest 1.9.🙂

well i wont say i know much about it but looks pretty good to me well done lynnex

Good Show North' You're an inspiration (not the dell computer type tho!)

Still waiting for my cable to download them onto computer! Not that I will! :(

Congratulations Northerner , fantastic numbers 🙂🙂 Hard work , dedication (and a little pancreas help 😉) is paying off 🙂

Well done Northerner! Those look great :D

Hi Northener

Great numbers! Out of interest, whats your HbA1c with numbers like that? 🙂

Hi Northener

Great numbers! Out of interest, whats your HbA1c with numbers like that? 🙂

Thanks - my last HbA1c was 5.2% and the one previous was 5.4%. I've got another coming up in a couple of weeks, but I think it may hav e gone up a bit - will be interesting to find out!🙂

God thats amazing!!!! Seriously jealous! 🙂

Id go out and celebrate with a big fat piece of cake and a huge glass of wine if i got numbers like that . . . maybe thats where im going wrong! 😛

fantastic numbers! I'm jealous!!!! Thats a fantastic hba1c too!!!! You are obviously doing really well! You should be chuffed with yourself!

Well Done Northener!! 16 months since diagnosis myself, exercising a lot helps me & long live the honeymooning pancreas!!

Those results are fantastic, i go up to 14 at every meal!!! no matter what i do:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back