My waking thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you can still hate it and think of it as dog poo if you want, but you can do that and still try to control it. I’ve written similar to you before: controlling diabetes doesn’t mean you like to accept it.

I’m very sorry to hear about your traumatic event. I hope this was addressed in counselling. Do you think that’s the root of your problem? I really hope you’ve had support to work through your feelings.
The traumatic event caused type I diabetes

It makes me feel how I feel, by its very nature and it's association with a severe traumatic event in childhood, think of diabetes and think of the event,it's how it goes
Dear Spell-- This is the key. Dealing with Type 1 is hard. Dealing with childhood trauma is even harder. If, for you, there is a link between the two-- it's no wonder you're feeling so bad.

BUT-- there ARE things that can help. There ARE people who can help. You need to get help to deal with that traumatic event, and you need to get help right away.

Contact the Samaritans, https://www.samaritans.org . You can ring them, for free, at 116 123 (or e-mail them at jo@samaritans.org if you're not comfortable with speaking to someone on the phone). Tell them what you've told us. They can point you in the right direction, so you can live the rest of your life with some peace.

Type 1 diabetes, today to me,is slow involuntary suicide ,so no harm in taking the next month or two off from it completely.
Ignore it and forget about it , maybe this is what I need to make me feel better mentally.
You can't control the tide, and that is what this disease is
Hello @spell ,
If you are able to, PLEASE give us a call or reach out to Samaritans.

How is a call going to be different from posting on the forum.
My experience of the Samaritans in the past was not that good.
Seemed to all be people with God complexes

How is a call going to be different from posting on the forum.
My experience of the Samaritans in the past was not that good.
Seemed to all be people with God complexes
Because they are experienced at talking to people with a negative attitude to their life whereas people here are freely giving advice and suggestions to people who are making positive efforts to improve their situation despite having complex medical issues which affects their quality of life.
I am not sure why you are coming to this forum as you seem to be unwilling to try any of people's suggestions and are disrespectful in your comments in response to people trying to help you.

But the Samaritans know **** all about type I,at least people here do
Ya reply there,bit judgmental and God complexy, why are you on the forum?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and I am not unwilling, just very hard work

Last edited by a moderator:
Spell, I have just edited (again) your posts for language. I agree with the last sentiment in your post, you are very hard work. There is only one person who can do something about that.

I replied on one of your other threads mentioning specific support with the cause of your trauma, which you say (and understandably so) is all intertwined with the diabetes. Is that something you’d consider?

As for the Type 1, if you ask for suggestions you’ll get plenty. I know you probably have a number of problems but separate them and see what suggestions you get. You said you can’t cope with it. Taking one day or even a few hours at a time helps with that. Focus on the now.

I replied on one of your other threads mentioning specific support with the cause of your trauma, which you say (and understandably so) is all intertwined with the diabetes. Is that something you’d consider?

As for the Type 1, if you ask for suggestions you’ll get plenty. I know you probably have a number of problems but separate them and see what suggestions you get. You said you can’t cope with it. Taking one day or even a few hours at a time helps with that. Focus on the now.
Inca, not intertwind with diabetes, the cause of diabetes

Spell, I have just edited (again) your posts for language. I agree with the last sentiment in your post, you are very hard work. There is only one person who can do something about that.
I can't count on you then

Patronising now. I know what free speech is but I gather when you say norms, they are YOUR norms, what has how I express myself got to do with it needing editing
Seems like you're going a bit power hungry in your position of big brotherishness.
Editing it because it goes against your moral judgement.
At least i am on the forum and not dead yet

I can't count on you then
Spell, there are some fantastic people on here that although they pretty much have their own condition under control, so don’t need too much support for themselves , they spend vast amounts of their own time giving practical and emotional support to people like you and me. Surely you can see that these are good people? Maybe if you said exactly what it is you want from the forum.

Patronising now. I know what free speech is but I gather when you say norms, they are YOUR norms, what has how I express myself got to do with it needing editing
Seems like you're going a bit power hungry in your position of big brotherishness.
Editing it because it goes against your moral judgement.
Then again, you could block me.
With all your power

Spell, there are some fantastic people on here that although they pretty much have their own condition under control, so don’t need too much support for themselves , they spend vast amounts of their own time giving practical and emotional support to people like you and me. Surely you can see that these are good people? Maybe if you said exactly what it is you want from the forum.
Good or bad people, I'm not judging.
I might end up getting the best advice from a nonce

Inca, not intertwind with diabetes, the cause of diabetes

I stand corrected @spell Apologies. As I said in my other post, I find it awkward to refer to your experience so please do say if references to it are upsetting you. I thought speaking online to people who had gone through similar might help you.

And that's great!

But: You say you don't want to talk to the Samaritans because they "know **** all about type I". Your main problem isn't Type 1, though; Type 1 on its own is never going to make anyone seriously contemplate suicide. That will only happen if Type 1 comes on top of something else.

What you need help with is the severe childhood trauma you've mentioned. Yes, it would be ideal if you could speak to someone who both understood about childhood trauma and understood about Type 1; but what you absolutely need, asap, is to speak to someone who understands how to help people with childhood trauma.

Josh urged you to ring Diabetes UK, and you replied, "How is a call going to be different from posting on the forum". Well, if you rang them and told them what you've told us, they might be able to help you find counselling or therapy which could help you in dealing with both Type 1 and trauma.

Alternatively, https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/helplines/ : you can ring Mind at 0300 123 3393, or e-mail them at info@mind.org.uk . Tell them you've been feeling suicidal, you need help dealing with childhood trauma, and ask them where you can get help near you.
Mind also recommends this organisation: https://napac.org.uk . As you'll see from their home page, you can ring them at 0808 801 0331; you can also e-mail them at support@napac.org.uk .

If you can't cope with the idea of speaking to someone on the phone about it, or even e-mailing, NAPAC recommends this secure online forum: https://www.havoca.org/resources/forum/ .

I hope you will try at least one of these, and that you will let us know how you get on. Wishing you all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back