My Results are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems the existing diet/exercise regime will have to continue for ever!
Well, the diet part for sure. I'm still doing <130g carb per day, 5 years on, but I've managed to settle on a low carb diet that I'm finding sustainable. To be honest, apart from the absence of sweet stuff and limiting starchy carbs it's not that much different than before.

Well, the diet part for sure. I'm still doing <130g carb per day, 5 years on, but I've managed to settle on a low carb diet that I'm finding sustainable. To be honest, apart from the absence of sweet stuff and limiting starchy carbs it's not that much different than before.
Well done on keeping this up. Do you drink alcohol at all? What about bread or fruit?

Well done on keeping this up. Do you drink alcohol at all? What about bread or fruit?
I didn't drink alcohol even before I was diagnosed. Fruit - berries (straw-, rasp-, black-, blue-), sometimes Honey Dew melon, and apple. My apple of choice is Royal Gala but I only ever have half of one at a time. I don't eat bread every day and if I do I have a couple of slices of my wife's GF bread as GF tends to be lower carb and the slices are near enough regular size.

Don't stress, a lot of alcoholic drinks are zero or very low carb, g&t anyone?
Beer is not so good larger beers being the lowest, something I refuse to give up, although I drink less. A 330 ml bottle or there about will be about 10 carbs. The odd thing is if I have before dinner it has a beneficial effect in actually reducing any spike from what I eat, somthing to do with the liver getting confused, well in my case. All this info and lots more odd behaviour gleaned from lots of historical checking with glucose meter, eg eat an apple and get a spike, eat it with cheese and little effect. This may be just me as we are all different of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back