my new healthy diet, or is it

Status
Not open for further replies.

traceycat

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
sorry for being a pain again asking all these questions but i realy want to get myself healthier an ive had alot of support here.
im on my third day of healthy eating (well i hope i am) ive been trying realy hard an its been tough espesaly when im hungary an i want chocolate or a chinese but its my third day an ive not touched any. if you dont mind ill put down here what i ate today an maybe somebody can tell me if im eating healthy enough.

breakfast i had- shredded wheat with semi skimmed milk an 2 stawberries chopped into it, and a coffee with sweetners.

lunch - homemade vegtable soup with a granary roll an a little low fat spread.

snack - 2 plums

about 4pm i had cup of coffee an 2 richtea bikkies

tea - instead of having a chinese i made garlic chicken,
chicken breast, peppers, onion, mushrooms, spring onions an garlic gloves an puree, done in pan with hlf cup of chicken stock cube. i had this with 10 weight watchers chips (yes i counted them, how sad) an slice of wholemeal bread. then a shape zero yogart.

i think im doing something right because ive lost 5lbs since seing the nurse last thursday. but have to admit i feel hungary alot.
thanks for reading my never ending questions xxx

Looks good to me too, I wish I was as good as you with what I eat. Sounds like a good weight loss too for a week well done 😉 xx

sorry for being a pain again asking all these questions but i realy want to get myself healthier an ive had alot of support here.
im on my third day of healthy eating (well i hope i am) ive been trying realy hard an its been tough espesaly when im hungary an i want chocolate or a chinese but its my third day an ive not touched any. if you dont mind ill put down here what i ate today an maybe somebody can tell me if im eating healthy enough.

breakfast i had- shredded wheat with semi skimmed milk an 2 stawberries chopped into it, and a coffee with sweetners.

snack - 2 plums

chicken breast, peppers, onion, mushrooms, spring onions an garlic gloves an puree, done in pan with hlf cup of chicken stock cube. i had this with 10 weight watchers chips (yes i counted them, how sad) an slice of wholemeal bread. then a shape zero yogart.

i think im doing something right because ive lost 5lbs since seing the nurse last thursday. but have to admit i feel hungary alot.

Well done - looks like your doing really well. Just one note of caution, watch your levels after eating things like chips with the bread and yoghurt - the carbs can add up very easily. Perhaps you could have either the chips or the bread - but not both? I cant remember if your diet controlled or on meds?🙂Bev

Well done - looks like your doing really well. Just one note of caution, watch your levels after eating things like chips with the bread and yoghurt - the carbs can add up very easily. Perhaps you could have either the chips or the bread - but not both? I cant remember if your diet controlled or on meds?🙂Bev

i start meds tomorrow bev. was only going to have the chips but ended up having the slice of bread aswel incase it didnt fill me but i realy shouldnt have.

When are we all coming to your house for tea? Sounds great.🙂

i start meds tomorrow bev. was only going to have the chips but ended up having the slice of bread aswel incase it didnt fill me but i realy shouldnt have.

He he - not shouting at you!🙂

Wallycorker gave me a good tip - cauliflower mash! Its quite nice and very low in carb. It also fills you up! Will you be getting test strips too?🙂Bev

thanks pigeon an emma. i realy hope i can stick to it as i know it has to be my new way of life now

mmm Tracey im on the train already on my way sounds fine and more to me , well done x

Back in 2004 I went from 11st 6 to 8 st 13 in about 4 months (I am only 5ft 1 so looked like a blimp at 11st 6 😱)
I, to this day really think it was down to my obsession with cottage cheese lol I swear it can replace so much things used in your diet I had it on sandwiches, with boiled potatoes and chicken, on baked potato you name it I had cottage cheese with it instead of mayo etc.

You should give it a go it did wonders for me, and ive never been that big since 😱

Hi Tracey ...

Hey .. thats brilliant 5lbs in a week .. well done hun :D ... Todays meals sound yummmyyyy ... and well balanced .... :D ..

Heidi
xx🙂

He he - not shouting at you!🙂

Wallycorker gave me a good tip - cauliflower mash! Its quite nice and very low in carb. It also fills you up! Will you be getting test strips too?🙂Bev

i like cauiflower but not sure if i could have it instead of potatoes, but im willing to try anything once, would you put it on top of a sheprerds pie maybe? yeah i got my free strips an lancets today on precription xxx

Back in 2004 I went from 11st 6 to 8 st 13 in about 4 months (I am only 5ft 1 so looked like a blimp at 11st 6 😱)
I, to this day really think it was down to my obsession with cottage cheese lol I swear it can replace so much things used in your diet I had it on sandwiches, with boiled potatoes and chicken, on baked potato you name it I had cottage cheese with it instead of mayo etc.

You should give it a go it did wonders for me, and ive never been that big since 😱

i have never ate cottage cheese in my life, im not a lover of cheese at all. well done in your weight loss, hope i can do as well. i was 14st 5lb last friday and i was 13st 13lb this morn so hope i can keep going an not fall back to my old ways again xxx

Hi Tracey ...

Hey .. thats brilliant 5lbs in a week .. well done hun :D ... Todays meals sound yummmyyyy ... and well balanced .... :D ..

Heidi
xx🙂

thanks heidi, i must admit though im finding it very tough, im so used to eating what i want when i want. i so want a piece of twril that is in our fridge rite now with a nice cuppa xxx

snack - 2 plums

Dear traceycat,

Like the others before my post, it looks like you are on the right track. However, I would suggest that you check, using a blood glucose meter, what things like shredded wheat do to your blood sugar. We are all different, so what suits me may not suit you. Why not get a book, say from Jenny Ruhl or Gretchen Becker (see books thread) to help you learn what foods you can tolerate? Most Type 2s find that bread, pasta, rice, starch, white flour are a potential source of trouble (high blood sugar), whilst veggies and some fruit (berries in particular) are OK in moderation.

Warmest Regards Dodger

BTW On a controlled carb diet (lifestyle really) you do not feel hungery. The science behind it is simple - if you prevent an insulin spike, you wont have a subsequent "low sugar" and hence will not feel hunger

Last edited:
i have never ate cottage cheese in my life, im not a lover of cheese at all. well done in your weight loss, hope i can do as well. i was 14st 5lb last friday and i was 13st 13lb this morn so hope i can keep going an not fall back to my old ways again xxx

Im not 8st 13 now lol I sit around the 9 st 6 area now 🙄 My love of chocolate caught back up with me!!
Yeah I can see where your coming from from the cottage cheese thing, its not for everyone, it was good for me though because it helped me cut out using sauces and fatty condements or spreads like philadelphia etc

You weight loss is going really well so far (well done by the way) so im sure you can keep it up. What were your "old ways" if you dont mind me asking. It might be helpful for someone to read and give you low fat alternatives to your old favourites? :D

Well done for shifting that 5lbs!!
Just to do with you still feeling hungry, have you tried the 'little and often' thing? Denying yourself food when you're hungry can sometimes make you eat more than you need when you DO eat. And studies have shown that 'grazing' can actually help you lose quite a lot of weight and you don't have to go hungry!! but of course, eating chocolate and burgers little and often wouldn't do 😛
xx

Ooh, also, chewing gum can often help if you're feeling hungry as well, as it sends messages to your brain that you're eating.. or something.. and it might relieve the craving for something sweet.. does with me anyway!! :D x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back