My MP and There is no such thing as a Diabetic diet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry you misunderstood, my mum in law believes the cheap supermarket bread is real sourdough and whinges that it’s not helping her tummy, she won’t believe my explanation or books that it’s just got added flavouring and is almost the same as the other supermarket bread on sale
despite my many efforts to offer to bake her real fresh sourdough from scratch (ex chef so bake same method to you).
Just realised half my message was cut off due to phone crash will go back and edit

Which insulin(s) are you using @Jenny105 ?

Do you take separate long-acting for background, and a different insulin for meals?
@everydayupsanddowns -Levemir- once a day on waking.17 dose works best. GP reduced Metformin to 500g x 2.
I have a monitor to use b4 breakfast and at 1 of the other points in the day thru the week. To get a cross section DN says

From the beginning my situation has been different, reading of 96 when test 3m previous was normal, ;sudden weight loss of 3 stone down to 7 stone, and inability to tolerate many carbs.
Now Im 7st 10lbs and ingrising ; eating more carbs. HbA1c in 4-6weeks.

Im also using the monitor to check any occasional bought foods eg yesterday I bought a bakery item which sent the after midday meal over 10. That way I know not to try such items again - white flour with some sugar

@everydayupsanddowns -Levemir- once a day on waking.17 dose works best. GP reduced Metformin to 500g x 2.
I have a monitor to use b4 breakfast and at 1 of the other points in the day thru the week. To get a cross section DN says

From the beginning my situation has been different, reading of 96 when test 3m previous was normal, ;sudden weight loss of 3 stone down to 7 stone, and inability to tolerate many carbs.
Now Im 7st 10lbs and ingrising ; eating more carbs. HbA1c in 4-6weeks.

Im also using the monitor to check any occasional bought foods eg yesterday I bought a bakery item which sent the after midday meal over 10. That way I know not to try such items again - white flour with some sugar
I was relieved to hear that a friend who was diagnosed as Type 2 two years ago, put on metformin lost masses of weight then had gliclazide added but continued to lose weight, a couple of months ago had basal insulin added but finally diagnosed as Type 1 and stopped gliclazide and had bolus insulin added.
I suspected all along that she was Type 1.
It sort of mirrors your situation.

@Leadinglights Similar , but I lost 2 stone in weight before being diagnosed. Id had a test in the Nov . Didnt show any problem. I wasnt losing weight. 8m later an unexpected score of 96.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back