My Madhouse Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metformin 500mg per day and 80mg Gliclazide per day. I checked twice and was deffo 3.5 and not 13.5. I was was about to have a cuppa with a woman I taught computer skills to and came over all unnecessary. She checked the reading too. Weird. I put some sugar in the tea and recovered fairly quickly.

Metformin 500mg per day and 80mg Gliclazide per day. I checked twice and was deffo 3.5 and not 13.5. I was was about to have a cuppa with a woman I taught computer skills to and came over all unnecessary. She checked the reading too. Weird. I put some sugar in the tea and recovered fairly quickly.

Ah I see , I know with Metformin you can go low but not keep dropping , I'm not sure about Gliclazide ,I think that is one of the Type 2 meds that can cause Hypos like a Type 1 Hypo . You should have fast acting Glucose , Lucozade , Sugar , Full Sugar Coke , Fruit Juice or a couple of Jelly Babies then follow that up with some Carbs , A biscuit or Toast , Unless a meal is due then you would have your meal . I hope you feel better soon 🙂

Gliclazide can (and, in my case, does) lead to hypos so I carry glucotabs/jelly babies with me. Suggest you see how often this happens as with improvements to diet, weight loss and increasing exercise you may find that your doctor can reduce your gliclazide or even take you off depending on how your HbA1c is going

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back