Moved onto Insulin and terrified!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No @SimonP - it's still exactly the same very longstanding joke - that we all only ever change our lancets once a year whether we need a new one or not, same as when we have to have a bath. Lancet Change Day worldwide is St Swithins Day annually, so if you didn't do that this year, you'll now have to wait till next year! :rofl:

I was told I would be moved onto insulin as I had 3 very high A1c's in a row. I told them I could virtually guarantee my A1c would be dramatically better the next time as I had done the research they failed to supply me with. Cut a long story short my A1c went from 80 to 55. And the move to insulin they suggested was unavoidable never happened. I realise your story may be a bit different. Just sayiin'.
Hiya how long did it take you to get down to 55 please and did you have extra meds to help you? Thanks

Hiya how long did it take you to get down to 55 please and did you have extra meds to help you? Thanks
Hi @SalopianLass

I wasn't given any extra meds. Although I have been on 3 for some time. It took me about 3 months. But from looking on here that's not unusual. I also didn't change my diet much so I could have done better. I drove down the result with exercise mainly. Although you'll see a lot do it with a low carb diet. Which is understandable as not everyone can do the workout that is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back