Mouth Ulcers

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was down in devon a fews weeks back and the sea was soooo clear it was lovely ...sorry to hear your unwell lucy aswell ...ive got and ear infection 😡

Crikey - lots of folk seem poorly at the moment.
The sea certainly was clear - I was at Croyde with the beautiful big waves - problem was I drank a lot of them!

Hope we all feel better soon.

croyde lovely we were in appledore last year and kids (opps sorry my young adults) had a great time at westward ho ! ..we were on the beach in douth Devon this year at Beesands ......yep lots of lurgys around grrrrrr😡 i am really fed up of it TBH i pick up everything and anything ! hope you and falcon and any one else suffering feel better soon x

Now that explains it - was lying on a beach all last week and when coming off the beach my tummy bug started then got the sores - no one else in the family got it - i am not sure if bug was from swimming in the sea though. I did swallow a fair bit of devonshire sea!

It's very unlikely you got herpes virus from seawater - most people catch herpes virus as children, kissed by older relatives, as Northerner explained. Tummy bugs are relatively common after swimming in the sea - always best to keep your mouth closed and not swallow any water, but easier said than done. See "Surfers Against Sewage" or "Blue Flag" scheme for further details about UK seawater quality, although both tend to concentrate on places where people swim and / or surf, so if you were swimming at a remote beach, they can't help much. But actually drinking clean salty water can make mouth and tummy sore / feeling sick, even if there's no infection.

UV light can also play a part in reactivating herpes virus - eg lips exposed to sun.

Yep - I got a coldsore 2 weeks ago, after I got sunburnt on my face in Flamingoland. I'm sure it's the sunburn that made my virus break out!!!

I rarely get them now, not compared to when I was a child and they don't get as big anymore either (that might be due to a brilliant cream that's available now 😉 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back