Most bizarre theory of the cause of diabetes of the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were taught a special breathing exercise when I went to yoga classes which involved alternate nostril breathing. No claims were made re. diabetes or asthma but we were taught that only one nostril at a time is used in normal breathing. What the exercise did achieve however was total calm and I use it to this day.

Loved your poem Northener - how do you come up with them so easily. When I try it takes me days and they're never very good.

We were taught a special breathing exercise when I went to yoga classes which involved alternate nostril breathing. No claims were made re. diabetes or asthma but we were taught that only one nostril at a time is used in normal breathing. What the exercise did achieve however was total calm and I use it to this day.

Loved your poem Northener - how do you come up with them so easily. When I try it takes me days and they're never very good.

You don't get to read the ones that are total rubbish! 🙂 I can certainly believe that the yogis have discovered that we have a 'nasal cycle', but why should it give you diabetes, I wonder? The site I found didn't explain so maybe they made it up. I found it on google by searching for 'diabetes nostril' - you can type practically anything in and you'll get a link between it and diabetes! 😱

This has to be one of the weirdest assertions I've heard of in some time: apparently, breathing through your right nostril too much can lead to diabetes 😱 BUT, if you breathe too much through your left nostril you'll get asthma!

http://www.holisticonline.com/yoga/hol_yoga_breathing-ex-nadisodh.htm

Somewhat predictably, I wrote a poem on the topic!

http://diabetespoetry.blogspot.com/2010/10/dangers-of-left-nostril-neglect.html

:D

you got lots of poetic fodder at the moment !😱

How about a poem section and we can all send in our efforts?

We did go through a period on the forum where lots of people did poems - I think they are in the 'Off the Subject' section 🙂

Must have a look. If I sent mine in it would give ayou all a good laugh.

You don't get to read the ones that are total rubbish! 🙂 I can certainly believe that the yogis have discovered that we have a 'nasal cycle', but why should it give you diabetes, I wonder? The site I found didn't explain so maybe they made it up. I found it on google by searching for 'diabetes nostril' - you can type practically anything in and you'll get a link between it and diabetes! 😱

What an excellent idea. I'm going to do a random search each day for diabetes+<something> and let you know if I find any really good ones!

Andy 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back