Morning sugar level

Consider the NHS Path to Remission programme with your GP. If you qualify that would bring your blood glucose down in weeks, and set you up for the future.

Consider the NHS Path to Remission programme with your GP. If you qualify that would bring your blood glucose down in weeks, and set you up for the future.
I asked about that, they didn’t know about it, I’ll try again, thank you x

Diabetes clinic discharged me said because I’m not taking anything lower my sugar x
You are taking 2 medications which should be helping to reduce your glucose level so you should at the very least been referred back to your GP rather that a hospital diabetic clinic.

No my sugar high today, now 21,tbh I just glanced, I’ll look properly tomorrow , ty x

No my sugar high today, now 21,tbh I just glanced, I’ll look properly tomorrow , ty x
Oh dear that is far too high, do keep a check for ketones especially if you start to feel unwell.
Make sure you know what to look out for.

You have already reduced your HbA1c by a large amount, and with the changes it is likely that you will begin to feel better both physically and mentally (high glucose levels have a big impact on everything.

I have found that it is useful to focus on one aspect of my diabetes management at times when things seem difficult. You have mentioned that you might try a different breakfast. Cereals are generally very high iIn carbohydrates which will raise your levels. To reduce the impact you could reduce the portion size, although I find that hard when I have cereal as the amount of sugar in them makes it difficult to feel satisfied with a small portion. Or replace the cereal with a lower carbohydrate breakfast, such as a cereal made with quinoa flakes (much lower carbs) or scrambled egg on a low carb toast. Focusing on changing just one meal to start with can have a big impact.

Your levels are high and this can damage your organs. Keep pressing for some support.

Back