Metformin - Slight overdose

Status
Not open for further replies.

YMFB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have used the same routine for setting out next weeks drugs for sometime, I have a seven day pot thing, the five drugs that are one each I dispense first, followed by two metformin and four Gliclazide, then I add a Lanzaprazole to every other day and a probiotic for everyday.

yesterday when preparing next weeks tablets I discovered that Ive been taking 3 Metformin every day for six days. This probably explains why I’ve had intermittent diarrhoea for the last three days and my waking BG has been getting lower, now down to 5. Today will be the first on normal Metformin so hoping to a resumption of normal service in the toilet dept.

:D:D:D Very easily done! Hoping you have a better week of NOT having to run to the toilet! 😉

Ooops! All too easy to make errors when things become automatic. I once had to get a pen that recorded when doses were taken as I was having terrible trouble remembering whether or no I‘d taken doses for meals. Sounds hard to believe, but after decades of jabbing the injections weren‘t really registering any more - especially when there were other distractions going on at the time!

Glad you have spotted your mistake, and the pill organiser sounds very helpful. Hope next week is a bit more settled for you 🙂

It is easy done. I hope your tum settles down soon

I still do that now Mike! - at least I can look in the pump memory to see if I did bolus or not, when I realise it's halfway through the evening and I feel yuk. Think there was something on TV that utterly distracted me, so maybe an hour or longer later when I next consciously used my brain!

I have used the same routine for setting out next weeks drugs for sometime, I have a seven day pot thing, the five drugs that are one each I dispense first, followed by two metformin and four Gliclazide, then I add a Lanzaprazole to every other day and a probiotic for everyday.

yesterday when preparing next weeks tablets I discovered that Ive been taking 3 Metformin every day for six days. This probably explains why I’ve had intermittent diarrhoea for the last three days and my waking BG has been getting lower, now down to 5. Today will be the first on normal Metformin so hoping to a resumption of normal service in the toilet dept.
We’ve all done it I’m sure!

I’m sad to report the dreaded diarrhoea has not cleared up. I’m going to stop the empagliflozin this morning and speak email the DN, in other aspects my BG is good and I feel well.

I’m sad to report the dreaded diarrhoea has not cleared up. I’m going to stop the empagliflozin this morning and speak email the DN, in other aspects my BG is good and I feel well.

Sorry to hear about your gastric upheaval @YMFB

But glad you are feeling well and that your BG seems to be behaving. 🙂

Discussed this with my DN today he suggests I take the empagliflozin and cut back the Metformin so from tomorrow that’s the experiment for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back