Metformin query

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we've discussed this before @Sharron1 as our levels are pretty similar, and I can't for the life of me think why my DN dropped me down to 1, and you are still on 4! The old postcode lottery rearing its head again I suppose! xx

My GP suggested stopping it completely as I had been in non-diabetic ranges for 9 months. I decided to stick with 500mg. Has yours suggested the same?

It seems they have flow charts to get on drugs, but no real pathway for stopping them!

My GP suggested stopping it completely as I had been in non-diabetic ranges for 9 months. I decided to stick with 500mg. Has yours suggested the same?

It seems they have flow charts to get on drugs, but no real pathway for stopping them!

I asked the nurse about a reduction as she felt I only needed an annual blood test but she said the GP hadn't said anything to her.I leftcit at tfat as she is a really pleasant woman and tbh I felt a bit sorry for her.

At my surgery it is almost impossible to get anywhere near to speaking to a GP.There are so many gatekeepers and obstacles.

I tend to agree with your theory about taking people off drugs. The cynic in me believes this could be because reducing or even removing drugs may require GP interaction with patients. But keeping people on the regime means an annual review tick box exercise is all that is required. Perish the thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back