Medtrum Touchcare Nano CGM

Status
Not open for further replies.
The diabetic young lady that serves in my local Costa uses one, she switched to it from Libre, but unfortunately the queue was too big to ask questions on how she finds it so I’m not sure this is of much help :rofl:

The diabetic young lady that serves in my local Costa uses one, she switched to it from Libre, but unfortunately the queue was too big to ask questions on how she finds it so I’m not sure this is of much help :rofl:
Seems so far out it’s unbelievable. The BG levels are in no way, shape, or form anywhere near the finger prick levels. They don’t even follow a trend i.e if levels are going up, this’ll happily say it’s going down!

How long has it been in? It’s common for sensors to take 24 hrs to settle in. Hopefully there is a helpline open tomorrow who may be able to help too?

How long has it been in? It’s common for sensors to take 24 hrs to settle in. Hopefully there is a helpline open tomorrow who may be able to help too?
It’s going on 48 hours now. I understand there will be a lag on it but it’s miles out and doesn’t even follow the BG trend. Currently self funding it to test it out, but as it stands I’d be gutted if this is what Jo was given when she eventually gets her pump system up and running.

It’s going on 48 hours now. I understand there will be a lag on it but it’s miles out and doesn’t even follow the BG trend. Currently self funding it to test it out, but as it stands I’d be gutted if this is what Jo was given when she eventually gets her pump system up and running.
You may just have extremely bad luck that the first sensor is a faulty one! It’s good that you’re self funding a sensor so your daughter can try it first before you get the pump

I wonder if it is because you are not diabetic and are having normal blood glucose response you are missing the points at which the finger pricks would match the sensor readings.
Hopefully the helpline will be able to assist.

You may just have extremely bad luck that the first sensor is a faulty one! It’s good that you’re self funding a sensor so your daughter can try it first before you get the pump
The first one actually come up with sensor fail Thursday night! Not filling me with confidence this Medtrum mob. I’ve watched countless videos and read everything available in case I’m doing something wrong. Pretty sure everything is fitted correctly. I’m about ready to give up!

The first one actually come up with sensor fail Thursday night! Not filling me with confidence this Medtrum mob. I’ve watched countless videos and read everything available in case I’m doing something wrong. Pretty sure everything is fitted correctly. I’m about ready to give up!
Are there any reviews for Medtrum? Some others may have the same issue

Hasn't someone on here got a Medtrum pump?

I think Tom is just trying the Nano CGM to assess it's suitability for his daughter who is the one with Type 1 and I think is 4 years old. As he is not diabetic presumably wouldn't be actually using the pump.

I think Tom is just trying the Nano CGM to assess it's suitability for his daughter who is the one with Type 1 and I think is 4 years old. As he is not diabetic presumably wouldn't be actually using the pump.
The CGM is on her but we are still finger pricking. It’s a real eye opener as too how inaccurate it is!

I have a Medtrum pump.
@Tom1982 is asking about the CGM. This is a different bit of kit which I do not have.

@Leadinglights you do not need the pump to use the CGM.
And you do not need to have “diabetic numbers” to use a CGM. It is becoming common for elite athletes to use CGMs to optimise their performance. Well, most ”elite athletes” for some weird reason, UCI has banned it for professional cyclists.

The CGM is on her but we are still finger pricking. It’s a real eye opener as too how inaccurate it is!
How far out is it?

Yes I realise that, but just wondering on the sheer offchance if someone whose clinic already uses Medtrum products has any info about the CGM they might have gleaned along the way. I know I tend to keep my eyes and ears open cos I pick up all sorts of snippets that are none of my particular business but may indeed prove useful to someone else I know either on here or in RL!

Have you rung or emailed them to tell them?

Have you rung or emailed them to tell them?
Not yet, was wondering if the accuracy was just something people have to make there peace with, but it’s just too far out. Imagine if a pump was linked and using the suspend bolus (or basal still not sure!) feature and so on! It can’t be right.

Absolute nonsense. Okay 12.2 ain’t great but we expected that. But the CGM is saying she is over 22.2! Ridiculous. How can anyone use this rubbish?

Attachments

• E0233414-2D25-473C-9C68-2CF78330C214.jpeg
    E0233414-2D25-473C-9C68-2CF78330C214.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 14
Absolute nonsense. Okay 12.2 ain’t great but we expected that. But the CGM is saying she is over 22.2! Ridiculous. How can anyone use this rubbish?
That’s a ridiculous variation in results! You definitely need to get in touch with Medtrum and complain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back