Medtronic V Animas 2020- HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be a silly question, but don't you need to have some lantus and NR on standby, in case the pump develops a fault? I hope it never does, of course!🙂

Yes you need to make sure you keep some basal in the fridge incase of pump malfunction.
I carry a syringe when out and about incase of malfunction this way I can draw some insulin from the cartridge in the pump if needed.
In theory a new pump should be with you within 24 hrs but obviously bank holidays cause extra problems as do weekends. Hence why a basal must be kept for an emergency as it would be impractable to inject every few hrs for more than 24 hrs.

I've come into this way late but just to say a) Sugarbum: we've now *got* E's clear medtronic, and it is pretty fab. So tiny and suave. b) yes Northerner you do have to have supplies around; indeed one hassle of pumping that I can gather is that you always have to have an extra infusion set and a pen with you just in case, rather than just the pens on MDI. c) so many congratulations!

I think you are right about re-assessing things. Even only six months (in one week) in, I can see that pumping will change the way we think about things, and how we've had to adjust ourselves. It will be an entirely different kind of adjustment. We haven't had the chance yet to do the pump school, though I have looked at the book, and found myself rather swimming in it all..it's the jargon. Another language. But I know it'll settle.

Well done!

Hi Patrica,
yes as you have found it's all a bit overwhelming to start with.
May I sugest that you make a list of all the abriviations with their meaning beside them. This way you have a quick ref when reading.
Start at chapter one have a break talk it over with E. and so on. Now when you get to the manual part that tells you how to do the battery practice doing this then move on to the next stage. After all that's why the pump is with you now. This way you and E will be streets a head of the others if they haven't bothered doing this. Let E wear the pump in bed so he knows it's there. He wont fret so much when it's loaded with insulin. Practice programming it too. Again confidence is the key to success as is motivation.
Good luck
Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back