medical ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, thanyou 🙂. I repsect the rules of your forums completely and would never want to offend anyone and therefore would never start a thread. However, if people specifically ask about medic I.D am I allowed to post a brief reply ? Thanks, Mel

Good morning, thanyou 🙂. I repsect the rules of your forums completely and would never want to offend anyone and therefore would never start a thread. However, if people specifically ask about medic I.D am I allowed to post a brief reply ? Thanks, Mel

Yes, that's fine Mel 🙂

First Aid at Work course 14 Oct 2010

As I attended a one day Red Cross First Aid at Work course on 14 Oct 2010, I thought it might be a good idea to pass on what workplace firts aiders are being taught, bearing in mind that first aiders will use their skills not just in workplace.
When faced with an unconscious casualty, first aiders are instructed to protect airway, by either placing in recovery position or jaw thrust. They are also instructed to try to collect information, particularly to pass on to ambulance crew, in initial 999 / 112 phonecall and / or when they arrive. This may include looking for medic alert jewellery (instructor pointed out that jewellery may not look very medical), cards in pocket / wallet / handbag (but tell casualty, who may still be able to hear, and onlookers what you are doing to lessen chance of being accused of theft). In the workplace, sports club etc. probably the best method of informing first aiders in the event of not being able to speak, is to tell work mates, team mates, companions etc long before you have a problem requiring help from others. I didn't feel like revealing my diabetes, as I've never needed help from anyone, and when knocked off my bike (arm injury, head / brain not affected), was able to tell bystanders, then ambulance crew, then A&E staff, in case I did lose consciousness, which I didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back